Kritika5
Respected professionals, If company allows total 12 paid leaves(CL/EL) in a year and if an employee has taken only 7 paid leaves at the end of the year, so remaining 5 paid leaves will be encashed by an employer under leave encashment policy 2023?
From India, Delhi
priyaslakshmi1905@gmail.com

Dear Kritika,

From my knowledge, the leave policy is completely based on companies decision.

The policy regarding leave encashment can vary from company to company, and it is important to refer to the specific policies of the employer in question. However, I can provide you with a general understanding of how leave encashment works.

In your scenario, if the company allows a total of 12 paid leaves in a year and the employee has taken only 7 paid leaves, it means that there are 5 remaining paid leaves. If the company's leave encashment policy states that the remaining leave days will be encashed, then the employer would provide the employee with monetary compensation for those 5 unused paid leaves.

It is important to note that specific policies regarding leave encashment, including the calculation of the compensation amount and any limitations or conditions, are determined by the employer. Therefore, it's recommended to refer to the company's official policy or consult with the HR department to obtain accurate information about their leave encashment policy for the year 2023.

From India, Kochi
rkn61

Hi

Since you mentioned CL & EL, I presume that your company gives CL & EL,

If we go little deeper into a leave policy, unavailed portion of CL (Casual Leave) shall automatically lapse at the end of year. As regards, EL,(Earned Leave) unavailed EL can be carried forward to the next year. However, in the absence of a leave policy, you may devise a leave policy, wherein you have to fix a limit for EL, accumulation.

From India, Aizawl
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.