No Tags Found!

dipti.gadgil@tcs.com
Can a woman carve out a successful corporate career after a break from work?
From India, Mumbai
samvedan

Hello,
Simple and straight forward answer to your question is: "YES, Of course!"
Since you desire reply to be in depth, kindly respond to the following so that my answer could be more foccused (though not changed!)
1) How long was/is the break?
2) What was/is the age of the person in question?
3) What is the age of the person, after the break?
4) What is the skill/training and the functional area of the person?
5) What is the technology the person works with?
Whatever the response, my reply will become more foccused and will not change!
So long as the desire exixts to excel, there is no stopping the person!
Would you like to respond to my querries-if you desire to continue the thread-for the board or in a confidential way?
Regards
samvedan
January 28, 2009

From India, Pune
ajk
Hi
My personal experience is that you can surely make a very good career post a break from work (though you might need to compromise to some extent on salary party, but which is fine, if you have a small baby & u can manage both off n home n baby)
Yes, but surely women get torn off between work, pregnancy / delivery, which is very natural.
Its very imp, post break how u put up ur resume. if ur field pemits u to do some freelancing, u can mention that on resume, justifying for same in ur resume
This breask most occurs in cases where woman is pregnant / or has small baby. I personally think, this is very imp in life, rather than worry for career, which u can always pursue post delivery :):)

From India, Pune
arvind_patole@yahoo.co.in
Yes she can.
It does not depend on the length of the break but on the pace she has kept with the changes on the corporate front. It also depends if she has kept keen interest and was in regular touch with some collegues who must have shared with here the happening in the office front, It also depends on how much time she has spent reading and analysing the economics of the particular business or area. trying to analyze and understand and come to a conclusion and then check it later with the market reading can help in building confidence and surely boost the moral to face the corporate world.

From India, Pune
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.