No Tags Found!

HR Prop

Hi Abhishek, Thansk so much buddy for the correction............ You are right ............... will make the corrections ......... Once again thanks so much
From India, Pune
HR Prop

Dear All A humble request to u all............... Please rate the Post .................. whatever u felt abt the post pls rate it.............. Thanks HR prop
From India, Pune
kamakshipanda
dear friendzthis is kamakshipanmda from pune working as HR Manager in a manufacturing companyhave 5+ yrs exp. in HR plz any body comment on this:how to control attrition rate?we r binding employees in service contract but still they are quiting the companyits really challenging to retain employees but there will be definetely a solution plz help me and what is robust tool to measure the job satisfaction , whether employees r working with job satisfaction rgds
From India, Pune
HR Prop

The Hidden Dimension of Employee Attrition

Attrition is considered to be one of the biggest challenges Indian corporate sector is facing today. All companies are working day and night to find out a long-term solution of this critical issue. However, very few of them are in a position to face this challenge successfully till date.

According to these companies, it is a complex issue and has several dimensions. At the face of it, it is a role mismatch, i.e., fitting wrong person in the right position. But why role mismatch? Many would argue that 'it is very difficult to understand a complete human being within few minutes of conversation,' or 'in the interview s/he was found to be very good but now it appears that it was a wrong selection'.
Perhaps the most hidden dimension of this massive role mismatch is the 'Halo Effect' created by both employees as well as employer during the process of interview in different circumstances. In this process, recruiter's perception is often influenced by striking competencies or similarities to themselves. It is primarily a situation that can arise when an applicant has one of the superior competency (in many circumstances, it could be a surface level competency) that may be required for the position, and because of this, the interviewer or interviewing panel wrongly infer that he or she has the other competencies or attributes required for the job as well. It could work both in positive or negative direction. This phenomena works as a filter to any information that contradicts first impressions. For example, someone who attended the same college or university as the recruiter would be at an advantage, while a person not wearing a suit or not having a charming or magnetic personality would not be a management material. It is often the case that people judge more favourably those individuals with whom they have something in common.
Moreover, in this entire process, attractiveness is considered to be the central trait. Attractive people are often judged as having a more desirable personality and more skills than someone of average appearance. So we presume that all the other traits of an attractive person are just as attractive and sought after. Individuals often exhibit their best behavior in the presence of authority figures, presumably to avoid being accosted by said figures. With this assumption, today it has been widely found that large number of job seekers are exclusively focusing on sharpening their so-called surface level attractiveness skill and moving from one lucrative assignment to another, frequently only on the basis of glorified superficial presentation without even having any breakthrough performance in their current or previous role.
During the process of interview, the interviewer may be attracted to someone who seems to be in his/her own likeness. On many occasions, the interviewer identifies favourability with some aspects of the candidate's presentation of themselves and, thereafter, makes assumption (not based on actual information) about the rest of the candidate.
The candidate fits into the interviewer's stereotypes. The candidate with positive impression relaxes the interviewer. There is a sharing of identity. The interviewer is stimulated, feels good, is enlivened. The interest may lead to more time being allocated to the candidate than the candidate with negative impression.

This process even goes out of control when we find that in order to achieve success in the highly materialistic glamorous corporate world, today many young and restless next generation job seekers are not hesitating to follow the so-called "Short-Cut" route at any cost, even if it demands making a glorified superficial presentation in the interview or presenting false information, data, etc., to the employer as part of the recruitment process. Personal values, professional and moral ethics, character, etc., have become the concept of history books for many youngsters of today's market place. As a result, false impressions are being deliberately created through various means by many job seekers during the process of interview. In case of many youngsters, it has even become the new definition of so called "Smart Employees".
On the other hand, due to the tough competition in the marketplace, top executives of all the companies are under tremendous pressure to generate visible results in the immediate future. Top line, bottom line and order book for the current and immediate next quarter remain the only focus area for many top executives. Hence, getting a guy in order to offer quick-fix solution to the immediate concern area of the company remains the prime objective for many companies. As a result, very few of them are in a position to devote sufficient time in an interview forum to assess and understand real individual. Hence, many recruitment related decisions are being taken only on the basis of "gut feeling" or instinct, and not on the basis of available objective evidence.
Effective recruitment and selection should not be about the luck of the draw. Systematic planning and preparation will increase the likelihood of taking on the right person. The key to effective recruitment is preparation: knowing the job and what is required of someone to perform it well. The cost of recruiting the wrong person can be significant. The cost of hiring someone may be at least twice their salary when factors such as training, expenses and employer's contributions to their pension are added.

Cheers
HRProp

From India, Pune
jeeni

Dear All,
Greetings from jeeni, i always want to gain some knowledge on training. can you also do a favour for me , on what guidelines we are preparing the training moduule and how.
Regards
Ranjeet
(Jeeni)

From India, New Delhi
khan.shahroz
thank you so much for posting such a wonderful information about training i was in need for the same. i am about to join a company as manager Training so it will be very useful for me.
From India, Ahmadabad
MRamamoorthy
Dear members, I am engineering graduate with good overseas experience, would like to do correspondence MBA from prestegeous institution like IITs and IIMs? within one year. Appreciate your suggestions to proceeed, Thanks.
From United States, Orem
HR Prop

Dear All Sorry for the inconvinience................... heres the attachment for your perusal. Your feedback n views are highly welcomed............ Keep sharing.......... Cheers HRProp
From India, Pune
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: zip Training Module.zip (170.2 KB, 759 views)

roshaningole050
dear Hrrpo
i am really greatfull for all ur contribution. i want ur suggestion
i am a mba student from goa. i am doing my summer interns on competency mapping.
my organisation is under transformation for EOU(export oriented unit) to entrepreneur oriented unit. i have a list of competencies which is supposed to be used for such kind of organisation. and i have an anthor list which is used b organisation. i want to cluster this organisational competencies with those entrepreneur compeencies.
pls suggest how i should go ahead.
regards

From India, Mumbai
reema13

hi seniors....
m doing my summer internship project on training need analysis so can any body help me in preparing the questionnaire 4 my project.. i had collected one forms 4m tis site but it was not much use full:dry: so can help me in this???

From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.