No Tags Found!

narengolla
Hi All,

I was with company X for 2 yrs and 6 months. Then I quit working for X and joined a new company Y in search of good quality work and challenging projects. After working/ being in Y for 6 months, I didnot get to work on any challenging projects. Now i decide to go back to company X. If X offers me back my position there,
1.) What impact will this going back to X have on my career? I mean will it create a negative opinion about me to any other employer in future?
2.) Also what is the way I justify my decision of moving back to X, to the HR at company X ?
Any suggestions/ personal opinions on this would really be helpful.
Thanks and Regards,
Naren.....

From India, Bangalore
prachi2909

Hi,
I would not suggest you to go back to the previous company. I dont know about your designation and Hierarchy level and also your previous company's environment, this is just a personal opinion.
Overall, it depends on the work environment and attitude of people there, that how they make you feel after going back.

From India, Mumbai
durga2

I would suggest u at least complete your 6 months more in Y company & then try for another co. but do not go back to previous co.
From India, Delhi
Harirajesh
Hi
I have come across these type of staff who returned back to previous company both in a big organization and medium size organization as well.
Based on that, the impacts I presume are:-
May be you would have lose your service continuity - but if you are good enough to all ur colleagues when left and rejoined - then you may not feel any difference.
The Management also didn't perceive this in a different way as long as the employee's past record is excellent. Otherwise they will never take back even the same position is vacant still.
But personnally I feel that if anyone is leaving X company means that he/she would have been unhappy/dis satisfied about any one of the aspects like salary, job satisfaction, work environment, superior relations, promotion delay etc., - then you can't justify your return at any point consciously.
Hope these are useful to you.
Regards - Hari

From India, Madras
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.