jeeni

Dear Madhu, Thanks! But i had a querry again. If we hired a trainee and taking work of a regular employee than what procedure to be fpollowed. Regards Ranjeet
From India, New Delhi
Madhu.T.K

A trainee is not suppose to work independently on a regular work. If he is to be called a trainee he should be doing the work under the guidance of a regular employee. Otherwise, it will be regarded as an attempt to avoid application of statutory benefits. Therefore, while engaging such trainees, give them at least the benefit of ESI. Subsequent to the Apex Court verdict on Campco's case, all trainees are exempted from EPF but there is no such ruling to exempt ESI to trainees other than trade apprentices. Moreover, ESI is an initiative to compensate employment injuries etc.
Regards,
Madhu.T.K

From India, Kannur
jeeni

Dear Madhu,
Thanks!
Now when i am dealing with these people we are facing very much problem in giving them stipened or tracking leaves etc.
Can we add these People on our Muster Roll or create name in the payroll software.
Whether their is any leagal bindation on us becoz they are not on our regular rolls.
Secondly, If we appinted a Apprentice. Is it necessary that we have to send them for classes etc.
Can u give me the outline of this act becoz i never come across through it.
Regards
Ranjeet

From India, New Delhi
Madhu.T.K

Names of such trainees are to be entered in the muster rolls. You can put their designation as trainee, but as I posted, since they are not actually trainees within the meaning given in Apprentice Act or Standing Orders they are entitled to benefits at par with any other employee. For maore details please verify Apprentice Act, 1961 a brief of which is available in my presentation "Labour Legislations" in my blog.
Regards,
Madhu.T.K

From India, Kannur
Madhu.T.K

Please find the attachment. Regards, Madhu.T.K
From India, Kannur
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: doc Trainee- EPF -SC Verdict.doc (27.5 KB, 189 views)

sorabh97
Dear All,
Pl. send us Workman Gradewise Wages chart with Grade/Desig./Mini.Quali/Exp./Basic/othr. All/ Gross Wages for Trainee to Sr. Workman from Grade 1 to Grade 6 or 7.
If some has wort on the same pl. help me out .
Anticipating an early reply.
Thanks
Sorabh

From India, Lucknow
KSV

Madhu.T.K
Dear Sir
Our Company has give coff for extra hrs worked by ACT APPRENTICES is it correct or we have to pay overtime. Asper act over time is not allowed for Act apprentices . please give yr version
thanks
ksv

From India, Madras
Madhu.T.K

As per the Act you are not expected to engage apprentices over time without permission from the Apprentice Adviser. If you are engaging them overtime, you will be doing so out of way only. If you do some thing out of the way why do you worry to grant compensatory off also?
Regards,
Madhu.T.K

From India, Kannur
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.