No Tags Found!

taakme
I'm from Chennai. I work in a BPO firm (transcription). I have just submitted my resignation to my GM and he has accepted it. I'm going not on my own accord, though. I was provoked by the mismanagement and misconduct of my TL. I have been bringing it to the attention of my management for a very long time now (over 2 years) but they are not concerned about anything rather they only are concerned about getting the jobs done daily. Even in the letter I had mentioned that because of the trauma caused by my TL I'm leaving. Nothing was said for that. I have put 5 years now in this company and would like to be with the company as long as it exists but unfortunately I couldn't because of the treatment of my TL. My query is, can I claim compensation for provoking me to resign, not taking any action against erring TL despite bringing it to their attention and for threat I received from my TL last month, for which no action has yet been taken. I'm leaving this company now with a 50% reduction in salary in the new company. Please advise what to do.
From India, Chennai
Dinesh Divekar

Dear friend,
My post is based on whatever you have written. Of course it is important to listen other side as well.
From your post it appears that your GM also did not want you to continue. If he were to be interested, he would not have accepted your resignation. In fact he would not have remained insensitive to your problems for two long years.
Against this backdrop, it is better to quit the company. In fact, entire BPO industry thrives on "use and throw" policy. As far as newspapers and other media reports are concerned, there is no scope to grow beyond a point. One gets plateau is his/her career somewhere around 30. How and why any BPO can retain you for the next 25 years?
I recommend you doing proper career planning. Be clear what you should be doing after five, ten and fifteen years. You may think of doing shift in career also.
Ok...
Dinesh V Divekar

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.