rajneesh-kumar-kesarwani

Respected All, I am Rajneesh Kumar Kesarwani, and I work as an Assistant Manager of HR in a Microfinance Company. I report directly to the company's Managing Director. The question is, if the Managing Director resigns, do I have the authority to accept his resignation?
From India, Delhi
Dinesh Divekar

Dear Rajneesh Kumar Kesarwani,

The Managing Directors are owners of the company. They do not resign. If it is a public limited company, the MD may resign, but the board nominates the successor immediately. In the private limited company, there is no question of MD resigning. He might sell the company to someone else. The new owner becomes the MD immediately.

Your query is should you accept the resignation of MD or not. This question will arise provided you receive the resignation. No MD will forward his/her resignation to the Asst Manager of HR. A letter of resignation is submitted to the superiors or to the Board of Directors and not juniors!

Thanks,

Dinesh Divekar

From India, Bangalore
rkn61

Since yours is a microfinance company MD of your company will hand over the charge to the new owner/MD. It is not necessary that MD’s resignation to be received by you.
From India, Aizawl
vmlakshminarayanan

Hi

Even if you accept the resignation of the Managing Director it will not be valid. Usually, the Manager Director reports directly to the CEO and hence resignation to be submitted to CEO of the Company. It depends on the Company's hierarchy structure.

From India, Madras
KK!HR

MD has handed over the resignation letter doesn't mean you are the accepting authority, it was meant for processing the resignation. You have to bring this immediately to the notice of the owner or the highest authority and take orders. You can communicate to the erstwhile MD as such, the order of the competent authority. Your role is of an intermediary and take action in such capacity
From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.