No Tags Found!

Anonymous
Hi, I have been working for one of the prominent companies for the last three years and before joining, they made a declaration that whatever information I have provided is true to the best of my knowledge and I am not hiding anything.

I had worked for a small startup at the beginning of my career, which was not yet officially registered as a private limited company but as the company owner was my friend, he provided an offer letter with a previous date since we started working together before the company was officially registered because he already had LLP and converted LLP to a private company on a later date. The project funding was from a very small microfinance society, but later, they stopped it for some reason.

I mentioned this experience to the next company, and HR was aware of it, and the manager was also ok with it, but as soon as I resigned, the manager provided all bad reviews to my current organization in which I have removed previous experience due to the offer date issue.

Now I am being given review that deliveries are not on time despite I made deliveries on time in current organization indirectly targeting me to appear as I am incapable. I am worried that the current company will issue a termination letter after my resignation as I have not disclosed my previous experience.

How should I handle this without affecting my career?

From India, Mumbai
Anonymous
Keep records of all communications, including emails, messages, and any performance reviews or evaluations. This documentation will be valuable if you need to defend yourself against unfair accusations.

From United States, Chicago
paromita-sengupta
In your Offer letter, was it mentioned anything about BGV clause? Like, your offer letter is subjected to positive background verification. If not, then technically they cant use this reason for your termination. If you resigned 1st, and they issue you a termination letter after that, you can always use your resignation mail as a proof that you have decided 1st to resign from the company. Also, if you have worked in your present company for less than 6 months, dont show it in your experience, in this way yo can avoid unnecessay confusion.

For negative review from your past organization, I have no idea, what is your profile, if you are associated with Sales or Project delivery, do you have any documentation where you have been appreciated for your on time delivery or have your recived any promotion during the tenure of your service, kindly use those documents. Hope you have received release letter and other exit documents, in that case kindly check with HR regarding this.

From India
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.