No Tags Found!

fiona
Hi All,
As part of my HR course, one of my assessments consists of interviewing a Human Resource Manager on HR service objectives. If any HR Managers are willing to participate in a short interview (via email) please reply to this thread or PM me.
Thanks in advance.

From Australia, Sydney
Sadashiv Rao

Hello fiona,
have joined this site a couple of days back & have found it very interesting . I am willing to help you out in the best possible way. keep in touch !!! My mail id is
Best regards,
Sadashiv Rao

From Kuwait, Kuwait
Sadashiv Rao

Dear Fiona,

Sorry for the delay in replying to you but pls go through my reply and I have tried my best to answer the 4 questions you had asked.

1.Service Objectives of HR

In case of HR, the past few years have seen dramatic changes in its perception or outlook by corporate leaders. From just being looked as a support function, HR today is viewed as a key player in driving corporate success and customer satisfaction.

The service objective of HR in any organization I feel is to make the best use of the human resources in simple words the workforce to an optimum level so that the organization achieves the best results in terms of business to the organization & the performance level of the employees.

HR members must have pride in their profession and must stress on activities like staffing, training , compensation etc.

HR has to function as the CEO’s close ally and must have interaction with each of the business leaders within the organization. Thirdly the HR must take the lead in investing time for reflecting and visioning processes in the organization.

2. Relationship between HR service objectives and organization’s vision statement.

There has to be a relationship between the HR service objective & the mission statement of the organization, as you know that the 2 terms are interlinked. The HR policy itself will be framed on the basis of the mission statement of the organization in the sense the mission statement it self forms the base for the HR policy to be formulated.

Let us say that the mission statement of the Company is “Service, Teamwork, Innovation, Respect, Results” then the service objectives of HR will be to impart these values into the minds of employees working there. As you are aware that once the policy is formulated then it will be in the form of a handbook which will be given to all employees so that they go through the same & know what is the type of organization that they are working for & what is they are supposed to follow when they are there.

3.Methods used by HR to determine the extent and range of services required by internal customers such as team leaders, Managers and functional heads.Here I feel that HR will have to be “ branded” in the sense a sort of brand culture will have to be done (like where a particular brand in an advertisement) . While HR branding has been an established phenomenon in the western countries it is yet to catch on in Indian organization ( I am sure you will have an idea since you are based in Australia). However there are a few Indian Companies like Tata consultancy Services / Wipro / Infosys etc who have successfully established their HR brands both in India and abroad. After getting a feel of things the HR team can decide which brand identity works best for their organization and creates it. This can be taken from the company’s mission statement (basic values, which the company stands for,) for example: If the HR has identified trust & time delivery as their key brand, they have to make sure that the employee as a whole delivers accordingly. For this they have to identify the typical best practices and train the workers and in such a manner that people think of them as a brand. This needs to be followed by each employee in the organization. Besides this the HR has to devise employee friendly schemes (other than communicating in board meetings / newsletters) . I would suggest that you speak to a senior level HR man for the methods devised for arriving at best results of the organization.

4.Describe ways that HR evaluates the current HR functions and activities to meet the service requirements and demands the organization internal & external users?

To tell you very frankly as of now where I am currently employed (with a shipping Co ) there are various departments like Shipping / Cargo / Insurance / Engineering Services wherein each of the department heads alongwith HR have devised a system to meet the requirements of internal users like the employees of a particular dept say shipping : the system devised is common for all depts since ours is a service based industry it is the duty of all depts. to function with one common goal ie providing the best service and on time. Depending on how specialized the job / function of the particular dept is the system is devised. Time is the main essence of the job here. All depts. are interlinked here. In shipping ffor ex: before the ship can berth into the port the port executive who is based there has a specific set of instructions in his profile as to what he will be doing to ensure that everything goes smooth without any obstacles etc. My knowledge on the evaluation part is a bit limited but I am sure that a senior person will definitely help. I have done my best to answer your 4 questions with whatever little knowledge that I have & I hope that it will be of some use to you. God Bless!!! Keep in touch.

Regards,

Sadashiv

From Kuwait, Kuwait
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.