sachin.hr
HELLO EVERY1!!!
this is sachin & I need your help friends.my problem is that I did MBA/PGDM with HR specialization but at the time of my internship I got a marketing executive job offer & due 2 good salary package I joined there but now I'm not satisfy with my job.I want to switch in HR....
but the question is that I had 7-8 month exp in marketing & It has no used in HR....
what i shoud do?????
should I change my field????
could I survive in hr.
should I start my carrier in hr as a fresher.....
please suggest me...
Thanks & regard
sachin kumar

From India, Delhi
tajsateesh

Hello Sachin,

Your situation isn't all that rare for a fresher.

First of all, pl don't mix-up issues. Whether to go for HR now or not depends on your APTITUDE for a HR role/job--NOT on the fact that you began your career in Mktg field. That will come only later IF & AFTER you decide to shift to HR--for which the salary should NEVER be the primary factor--your love for the role/job ought to be the primary factor. At your point of career [& life too], the focus should be on learning the tricks of the trade--so to say. Money will always follow the one who has the skills--whichever field one is into.

And remember the old saying: Zindagi mein kuch paane ke liye, kuch khona padta hai.

If you REALLY want to shift to HR now, you can do it. But pl be ready to begin as a Fresher in HR. But pl ensure that you take the experience certificate of this job too--so that you don't end up explaining the gap in your career later on.

Also who said exp in sales & Mktg will not be useful in HR? The basic skill most Mktg guys have is the ability to interact with strangers--which is ALSO required for the usual starting point for any HR person--in Recruitment. Also, to the best of my knowledge, the procedures used in the Mktg field are usually very systematic--which will be useful to you @ any time in your career. I recollect another quote here: Nothing goes waste in the learning called 'life'. We only don't realise it while we are passing thru that phase.

ALL THE BEST.

Rgds,

TS

From India, Hyderabad
ameeta.mefcom

Sachin, lets make ur marketing experience a + point for you.
In most of the organisations, they used to appoint such kind of person having both the skills, as this may save their money.......who can grow their business along with all HR activities. This is 'HR-Business Development' profile.
With this kind of experience, you will have the apportunities in every industry because every industry needs marketing persons. And you are currently working in the same profile. (i.e. doing marketing + recruiting junior team member under you).
So, lets move ahead without any hasitation. You are on the right track.....
All the best for your future...
Ameeta

From India, New Delhi
ameeta.mefcom

SUBJECT LINE MUST CONTAIN JOB ID (MEG_0911) Gurgoan

Mandatory: Answer following questions:

1. Current CTC:

2. Expected CTC:

3. Current Location:

4. Open to relocate (Y/N)

5. Notice Period:

Job Description

Position: Marketing Executive

Cadre : Executive

Department : marketing

Job Location : Gurgaon

Salary : 3 lacs P.A.

Qualification : Bachelor of Science or MBA (Added Advantage)

Experience 1.8 yrs

Required Skills:

• Good Communication Skills

• Internet proficiency for online Research to identify market segments, niches, and potential markets.

• Business writing skills for letters, case studies, website, brochures & literatures etc.

• Experience of working with Spreadsheets, Presentations and Reports, MIS & Data.

• Basic understanding on Online Marketing / Internet advertising.

Should be a team player

Job Description:-

 Manage and coordinate all marketing, advertising and promotional activities assigned to him.

 Development of Marketing Literature, Web content and Case Studies by virtue of writing capabilities.

 Support business development opportunities with preparatory research & follow-up.

 Implement marketing plans and projects for new and existing products.

 Marketing for maximum visibility through various promotional activities.

 Report on all marketing activity and results.

 Negotiate contracts with service providers and suppliers such as display makers and promotional material suppliers.

 Interaction / co-ordination with other departments for the execution of the task and report making.

 Monitor campaign performance and address / channelize queries will be responsible for development and market support for a group.

 Monitoring and arranging the distribution of promotional materials

 Monitoring and coordinating the production of promotional materials

 Helping in organizing sales promotional events, exhibitions & Seminars.

 Interacting with PR agency for regular PR activities viz press releases, briefings, interviews, case studies etc.

Compilation and maintenance of marketing database for increasing customer base.

If interested send your updated profile at with all details.

Kindly share some Quality references with us. Forward this mail to all your Colleagues & Friends who are in the similar profiles.

Regards

Meera Singh

Mobile: 9711154602

For more openings: <link outdated-removed> ( Search On Cite | Search On Google )

From India, New Delhi
ameeta.mefcom

Hi Dear,

We are a HR placement organization providing recruitment solutions that enable efficient hiring of human resources of appropriate capabilities and qualities.

We have created a reputation of exceeding expectation across verticals through innovative solutions that have created unique experiences for our customers.

We custom designs our recruitment solutions based on client requirements and provide bigger dimensions to talent acquisition.

Our integrity and professional competence are the cornerstones of our progress. We provide consistent professional services in an independent, fair and ethical manner.

We specialize in recruitment of IT & Non IT professionals at all levels and our clientele includes several MNC and Large Indian Organizations.

Enclosed is an opening matching your profile, if the same are of interest to you please revert with your updated profile and current salary.

Company - BASELINEHR

(only Female)

Profile Title –

1. Business development Executive(BDE) cum Hr executive

2. Hr Executive(IT & Non IT)

Job Description

• Procuring and screening resumes for the current hiring needs.

• Handling clients & approaching new clients.

• Shortlist resumes against various requirements, checking them on their suitability for skill set, salary range, location, work authorization, etc through various sources.

• Evaluating the candidate’s skills and competencies including communication skills, interpersonal skills, and confidence level.

• Evaluating the candidate's job stability and reasons for seeking a career change.

• Coordination of interview with clients

• Performing salary negotiations with the selected candidates and follow-up for joining

• Reference Checks for the candidates.

• Maintaining database of professionals

Experience :0.6 -2yrs

Job Location –

32 A, opp. UNA Enclave, near Alcon International School, Mayur Vihar Ph-1, delhi - 91

Salary is not a bar for right candidate.

Kindly refer some of your friends in case the above profile is not of interest to you.

Kindly mail your updated cv on

From India, New Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.