No Tags Found!

dkappu
Hi Rakesh,
I accept absolutily with Mr.Syed because when we completed our MBA. We faced lot of struggle to get the placement in MNC .So take the suggestion given by syed and get the job.
Regards
KARTHIK

From India, Madras
shaival.tiwari

Hi Rakesh,
As many of the members have replied I would like to support them but also would not like to demotivate you. Because our job is to motivate buddies.
So let me add some thing from my side. To be very frank with you. You should start up with any placement consultancy so you can have an experience of scrutinizing the resumes and later you have and idea which candidate fits the opening.......!
1-This is the basic requirement of any HR profile that is "RECRUITMENT"
2- After this basic knowledge you can enter the field of pure HR.....!
3- First you will be only treated as recruitment executive but after building your own image with your senior they will slowly pass on their work to you and their you actual learning will start....
I may be wrong but know some of the new HR junior in industry.....!
Feel to to contact me dear.

From India, Mumbai
sravanthi_s4444

hi,
Thanks a ton everybody.ur valuable suggestions helped me a lot nw i feel a bit relif from confusion and tension.
nw i can decide what to choose n hw to start my career in feild of HR
thanks a lot :)
sravanthi

From India, Hyderabad
reni
hi rakesh

im sailing in the same boat too after completion of my MBA-HR and i completely understand the confusion u must be facing. Many MBA graduates are facing the same dilemma.

Its really difficult to find companies hiring freshers for HR Generalist profile, even if they do the package is very low. The present HR scenario in the market especially in Hyd is IT REecruiting for US process, which is almost looked upon as a call center job, wrapped wid a new tag as "IT-Recruiter".

I really appreciate that u hav taken time to put forward certain questions which every fresher has in mind, but dnt know who n whom to appraoch.

Neverthless, I'd like to say tht dont lose heart n wait patiently you wil definetly get the right break. I would really suggest here that dnt make a wrong career choice such as jumping to other fields other than HR, as it wil b very diffult to get back and you wil miss out many oppurtunities that await u and as well as valuable time which could have been quoted as ur experience in HR.

Just go through naukri and update ur profile regularly. I beleive u wil be placed very soon n all the best for ur interviews and dnt forget to share the news wid us.

cheers
reni

From India, Delhi
vineeta81

@Jyoti
Its good that ur interested in IT Recruitments, it has a lot of scope, avenues as well as incentives. (keeping aside the usual slumps in IT)
i have few frenz friend who after workin for 2 years as a technical recruiter "in consultancies" and wid good performance background..moved into companies like Perrot, Techmahindra and Sapient.
There are many Consultancies which take freshers, though many prefer people wid bca or any IT degree, but many firms keep complete freshers as well...so dont worry, just brush up ur knowledge abt IT and u can get it easily...u shud know well abt Languages, ERP, various IT Skills, Technologies etc. There is a wonderful presentation sum1 upload here on IT Recruitments, it will be v.v. helpful..i'll update u if i find a link..
All the Best! :icon1:

From India, Delhi
aruna_jyothi

hiseniors
what rakesh has asked is what we freshers are facing in the job market as vineeta said if we are from top Bschool and a normal B school graduate i think their is not that much difference between them and us as we both ar freshers might be we may lacking in certain skills as afresher every corporate company has to give training for the freshers either it may be a student frm top BSchool or some other
regards
arunajyothiquote=rakesh_sharma_143;394375]hi to all seniors,
well as per the posts that i have seen under this forum... they all seem to be of a very very serious nature... but i do feel that the question that i pose can be only answered by you seniors only... as you would have faced the same...
the question is--- Is it really difficult for MBA HR Freshers to get into MNC's or companies as a first break??????
I would be thankful if any senior could suggest ways for freshers to get into good companies which would be helpful for many freshers like me...
and also would like to know as to how is the market presently for MBA HR Freshers with a B.Tech Background...
Thanks in advance...
Regards
Rakesh[/quote]

From India
sameena arif
hi everyone,
i too am a fresher like Rakesh and have faced similar problem, i was expecting to crack an interview with some top MNC during my campus and to start my career witha generalist profile...but unfortunately...i had very limited opportunity..MNC were looking for candidates with experience and they hardly came for campus, all we had were consultancies and industries with IR profile in offer...most of my friends settled for the consultancies but i did not want to start from there and beleive me i ahd such hard time waiting for the right kind of profile..
its only recently that i have finally bagged an offer with an organsiation ( not an MNC) for a generalsit profile..but i have still not joined so i do not know xactly what kind of work am i suppose to start with...being a fresher i do not have much choice..
Can seniors throw some light as to what a generalsit profile xactly mean . does it mean hand on experience in recruitment, HRD and PMS?? if i can make a choice what area of preference shall i choose? and is it possible to switch from a training profile to a recruitment one..or vice versa...i might not have started with a BIG name .but i defenitely want to make it big....how much experience would i need in this organsiaion before i finaly can be considered by an MNC. what kind of attitude and focus shall i carry to my work place . i am going to join very soon..please help me with your valuable suggestions.

regards
sameena arif

From India, Calcutta
lunajha
Hi All,
good to see the topic being discussed.
and yes i do feel what ha been mentioned by Rakesh I have the same question what do you look in a fresher.
and why there is no required profile for HR.
in MNC its seen they promote someone from Ops into HR no matter whats the qualifiation.
Wat would the senior suggest to us?
what shall we do a freshers in this field?

From United States, Santa Monica
Brandon 69

Hey Sameena

Congratulations!

You should feel good that you have got a break in some company as HR Generalist.

It is a huge field; do not be concerned much that its not a big company and less salary and all that stuff.

A generalist can be made to do anything: you might be started of with simple data entry job wherein you may wonder why did you do a specialization in HR at all.....but again, be patient.

Comp & Benefit, appraisals, policies, employee engagement, R&R: these are a few of the areas of major appeal.....however, they generally fall under corporate wing so it may be a while before you get to do any 1 of these.

There are others, like induction, payroll,F&F, general Admin work, which come more under the Line HR field.

Personally, I would say if you eventually are upgraded to a role in the corporate field with responsibility related to say Comp & Benefit, policies etc, you would be well on your way to a great career.

However, HR is a tough field, where it takes not only hard work, but patience and 'smart' work to grow and excel: so being a fresher, take your time, and try to add on some relevant certifications later on.

Best Wishes!

Brandon

From India, Calcutta
eshwar

Dear Rakesh,
As per my experience i would like to suggest you that dont look for the salary initially, as the market for freshers is always down, unless you are from Grade-A Business School.
Having a B-tech Back groud you would definitely expect higher salary even ur fresher in HR.
My suggestion is for u is don't look for the high salary initially & if u get a chance in MNC for Off Rolls also, don't ignore.
Look for the profile which ur going to handle & the exposure which you are going to get. You can also start with a good consultancies also in recruitments.
If u feel my suggestions are blunt please forgive me. Read the HR Market how it is now?
Regards,
Eshwar Reddy

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.