View Poll Results: What is the number one reason for employees quitting the job?
Excessive workload ? 53 9.58%
Discrimination on the basis of gender ? 14 2.53%
Employee favoritism ? 126 22.78%
Inequitable salary distribution ? 259 46.84%
Organizational and work stress ? 89 16.09%
Disagreement with reporting manager or boss ? 246 44.48%
Personal and family based-reasons 46 8.32%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 553. You may not vote on this poll

meena_belani

no proper management
always not motivating or encouraging
always discourage
playing dramas behind
speaking lies
maiinly interested in saving money more partial towards people who provide more business
giving lot of respect to nidhi and not other employees always bluffing others
more interested in women

From India, Hyderabad
Sujata.C

Dear All,
All the above mentioned points are very much true but I think everything can be handled if the seniors are matured enough to mentor their team members. What I feel personally that day by day the IQ of people are becoming weak because of which they are not able to think logically and in a matured way.
Let me know how correct I am......
Thanks,
Sujata.

From India, New Delhi
BSSV

you are talking about maturity!! That can be done ONLY when they learn to keep the person from profession!! if you a HR act like an HR not like Mr/Ms XYZ.........
Good one!! Maturity......... Hha hha......
Yeah sujata improper mixture if IQ with EQ......... but very tough even atleast to make out where it is getting mixed up...
Complexity problems also make it up a lot...... but very tough to expect it....... wish god do some miracle!! ;-)
We can not question the IQ, it is because of the style of work we have adopted, using computers, mobiles, we do not even try to remember the important phone numbers these days...........
But what is said is true to the max.........

From India, Bangalore
sushil.meenakshi

Good morning,
There is not a single reason for quitting the job, there are lot of reasons
Work environment
job dissatisfaction
growth in the organisation
working conditions
welfare facilities
overloading of work
work recognition
undue pressure
monetary benefits

From India, New Delhi
bijay_majumdar

Dear Cite Memebers,
Finding reasons and pointing reasons is always easy.Reasoning out the problems never slove the problems. What i feel is that HR fraternity is meant for resoving the problems arising in human capital arena.Therefore its very important for all of us to focus more on retaining employees than employees leaving organisation.
Thanks

From India, Vadodara
nashbramhall

This survey by itself will not tell much if we are trying to find a solution, unless we collect some demographic data. The reason for leaving a company can vary for the same person depending upon the stage of his/her career among other things. While searching for other discussions on the web, I found this educational piece on how to answer at ingterviews when changing jobs.Job Interview: Reason for Leaving Your Job After 15 Years Sorry for the digression.
From United Kingdom
DHANESWAR SAHOO

HI,
Every employee wants his/her salary with job satisfaction.
and that comes if you are in low salary with job satisfaction or less salary with more rsponsibilities and a supportive boss where your growth is visible or else high salary with a critical job or high salary with better prospective job.
Regards
Dhaneswar sahoo

From United States, Cambridge
CCCharley
The Reasons may be different for different cases ( for the same employee) . still i think the main reason may be "Disagreement with reporting manager or boss ? " CCC
From India, Bangalore
bagin_31

Hi Seniors,
I left job due to 2 reasons.
Lack of recognition and appreciation of work
Bad Boss
Now thinking about a change:
Due to Work role which am not happy to do which is very limited for career growth and learning.
Regards

From Oman, Muscat
Cite Contribution

Dear Vipul,
I am so happy with the response. This is a live research. We will get to see what really affects us. Please share the link to it in other community. I ma mailing it to all my mailing lists and other community, wherever I am linked. Lets hope for the best !
Thankyou for initiating this ! God bless you

From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.