No Tags Found!

Anand2016
Hi,
I got a job and the employer is now asking for 'letter of committment' for 3 years. I am not sure if I will be working for that long. I need to understand what happens if I leave after a year. Can the company take legal action. Please help.

From India, Bangalore
nathrao

What does the appointment order say about exit?
This three year commitment is like a bond.
Any special training etc done for you?
The company can file a case against you but legally they are not on sound footing.
But if company is so insistent,one must reconsider.

From India, Pune
Anand2016
Thanks for your reply. The offer letter states 'your employment is at-will, however it is mandatory that you serve the company for 3 years.No special training done for me. I am experienced person. They are saying it is because many people are leaving the company in very short time so this committment.
About exit it states, after 3 years you are required to provide 3 months of notice period.
Any more insights would be helpful, since I have joined but if it problematic then I would now than later.

From India, Bangalore
nathrao

The company wants you to serve minimum 3 years and then give 3 months notice minimum for exit.
It is not a employment at will,anyway, there is no recognized employment at will rule in India.
So think twice before accepting such clauses.

From India, Pune
Anand2016
All this commitment thing does not look comfortable. I have joined 2 days back. How to quit now. Please suggest.
From India, Bangalore
Nikhil_HR

In my view the only worst thing that can happen is they not giving a relieving/experience letter if you leave before 3 years. So keep collecting some sort of bonafied letters every 6 months from the HR which can prove you are employed in that organization. When you feel its time to change, you will have sufficient docs to prove your employment tenure and that orignal letter of committment which will justify you not having a relieving letter (reason of leaving you can create to justify, nobody cares)
From India, Bangalore
Anand2016
Thank you for responses. Just wanted to update you guys. I offered to leave the company and they revised the compensation by additional 2 lakhs p.a. Also happened to check with exisiting employees. People have left in 1 year or so and have got a relieving letter. Do not find any risk in continuing and additional 2 lakhs is something I really appreciated.
Thanks once again.

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.