No Tags Found!

varsha khare
Hello everybody,
I am teaching in a low rated college in M.PI wish I could bring the students level and groom them up.Poor attendance,Less interst,Low grade continuous lecture,are the main problems.Could anyody guide me about the curriculam followed by IIM's and how management students excel and reach the top there while our students fail and inturn we fail too....
Your suggestions are valuable.Please help it may reform the future of many sudents.

From India, Calcutta
ACT

Dear Ms.Khare

Your frustration is understandable but I also admire your keenness to ensure that your students too can compete with the best.

However using the IIM standards to benchmark your institution might be both unfair to your students and equally distressing for you since the standards are so vastly different. To begin with comparing a 60% student with a 90 % student itself is unfair since their caliber is different. Obviously the attitude and ability of the students in your college would very different from those going to IIM's.

Very few of your students will be having a competitive mind set so pushing them hard on the academics will be counter productive. On the other hand if you can focus on increasing their self belief, draw out their subtle talents and skill sets which may never have been appreciated earlier and help them discover their own potential you will observe a sudden positive change that comes from within them.

One of the better techniques is to make the learning immediately applicable to their daily life if possible. This reinforces the learning and motivates them to learn further. The back benchers and hyper active and mischievous students need to be given special attention by way of responsibilities and appreciation. This way you might be able to draw they attention to their own strengths and invoke their personal pride.

I would invite you to visit the following Inspirational and Motivational Blogs to have an idea of what I mean by saying that the learning should be made practical.

www.actspot.wordpress.com – Daily Blog

www.poweract.blogspot.com – Weekly Blog

From an academic point of view, keeping in mind your standard of students, set question papers that are not too tough. Try and make the paper more student friendly ie give them more options, have a mix of theory and practicals so that it gives students a fair chance to score and alternatively gives them the confidence that they could attempt at least the theory part. Without seriously diluting the learning ensure that all topics in the syllabus is covered either in the periodic tests or the semester exams. Be fair in marking and if you have the time and inclination do try to meet each student and analyze the answer sheets. Feedback on their performance is the only way the student can realize his/ her mistakes and or problems. However giving feedback is both cumbersome and occasionally a thankless task so most teachers would not venture into it.

Best Wishes

From India, Mumbai
varsha khare
Respected Jacub Sir, I thank u for encouarging and enlighting me at this moment of time.I thank cite HR for connecting me to such helpng people. Regards varsha
From India, Calcutta
varsha khare
Resected Simhan Sir ,
i am greatfull and honoured to recive mail from such a senior person .My sister is also teaching in scotland .I thank you sir for enlighting me.About me presently i m taking HR subjects.
i m new in education field exploring new ideas and on my way to increase my knowledge and clearing my concepts.
i wonder if i can become good acamedecian or else i will leave this proffesion.
Regards
varsha

From India, Calcutta
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.