arundavay

I have interacted with Mr.Roy George in a few ISTD meetings. I have known him as a wonderful, charismatic personality right from the days he was working with Sathyam Cinemas. I used to wonder why he left for this Coimbatore Job at all. The sorrow of losing a friend is very deep in my heart and am unable to express my feelings. Yesterday, I was sharing the event with my students. Have this empty feeling - why being a trainer at all? He would have arranged for so many training programs, educating the employees on commitment, hardwork, passion, drive, success - all for nothing!

I have no other forum to express my sorrow, anguish, anger and also guilt. No amount of education has been able to stop this violence. Are people becoming more impatient, more greedy, more violent? For less work, they expect more?? Words like employee engagement, participative management, appraisal, HR Development are losing their momentum.

Tears swell when I think about Roy's two young daughters and his family as a whole. He lived, breathed and died for HR. Such a charismatic personality!! The last posting in HR Innovators, which he founded - his article was " What is the Purpose of Life?"

Praying to the almighty on behalf of all our fraternity. May his soul rest in Peace. May his family be endowed with the courage to overcome this irrepairable tragedy.

Arun Davay

From India, Madras
ACT

That was a quick post on the sad demise of Roy George. Though I didn't know him, I am sure he was a committed HR person.It is unfortunate that hooliganism has crept into our trade union movement and the consequences as we now see are fatal. Thanks Asha for keeping his memory alive through your post.
From India, Mumbai
thiruhrd
Really it is a very sad news, the management should take some steps to avoid such happenning in side the premises. Now the result is loss of life do the HR is handling the people well or HR is in danger. All of us should pray for his soul rest in peace. The management should take the responsible of entire care of his family and children education.
From Germany, Herzogenaurach
DHANUSKODI RENUGOPAL

Dear Asha
Yesterday the Coimbatore Chapter of NIPM called for a Special Meeting to condole the death of Mr.Roy J George and to condemn the barbaric act of the disgruntled & misguided workmen. We are also submitting a memorandum to the
- Local District Magistrate
- Superintendent of Police
- DIG of Police
- IG of Police
- DGP
- The District Labour Officer, Coimbatore
- Dy.Commissioner of Labour, Coimbatore
- Joint Commissioner of Labour, Coimbatore
- The Special Dy.Commissioner of Labour, Chennai
- Commissioner of Labour, Chennai
- Secretary to Govt.,Department of Labour & Employment, Chennai
- Hon’ble Minister for Labour, Govt. of Tamilnadu
- Hon’ble Chief Minister
And aslo decided to arrange a peace procession in this regard and to make a representation to government authorities.
Dhanuskodi Renugopal
This is for information

From India, Coimbatore
Ash Mathew

Dear Lawraa,
Blaming the Management is not a solution here. SInce I have earlier worked with Pricol (their group company - Pricol Corporate Services) I very well know the measures the Management takes to avoid any such occurances.
This was a planned activity. External influence has led to this kind of an act...
The problem here is "Why people think that violence is a solution?"

From India, Madras
kumaran siva

Dear All,
Realy very sad incident. Lets pray for his soul to rest in peace.
These kind of incidents happens just because of trade unions which functions keeping in mind their own benefits, not the employees and also the inefficiency of local administration like police and labour department which always support the trade unions and employees to save their own skin. The government should take strong steps to controll the trade union activities which result in violence and closur of industries. But one thing is right as every body said, H.R. job is thankless job, H.R. people work both for management and staff but we get only abuse and tension in return.
thanks.
shiv kumar

From India, Delhi
krishnarajpr

It is a cowardly act by the employees whom so ever involved in this brutul,barbaric act.
Those who are involved in this killing will repent one day and understand our profession. We should all get united at this point of time to condemn the killing.
I pray god to give his family memers courage and strength to fill the gap created by this act.
LET US UNITE.
Regards,
Krishnaraj P R
+91 9840355204
Chennai.

From India, Madras
Ash Mathew

Some information from you from the papers: Investigation is on and more information is yet to be revealed.
From India, Madras
Shikha_Singh

Dear Asha, thanks for posting this.
It is indeed a very sad and shameful incident.
I read that the people were 'instigated' by 'outsiders'. I strongly oppose this kind of blame shifting and talking about 'being instigated'. After all, the doers have their own will, because of which they went to the extent of taking a life! I hope they are punished severely, no matter what instigated them.
May Mr Roy J George's soul rest in peace.
Regards,
Shikha

From India, Mumbai
consultme

Read it yesterday in Times. Really shocking and don’t know why people are acting so harsh May Roy’s soul rest in peace
From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.