tajsateesh

Hello Saswatabanerjee,
Don't be sooo too eager to get into Lorly's place, based on just this factor :-)
There are many other aspects/factors in Filipino laws that are really a pain-in-the-neck vis-a-vis Indian Laws :-)
Rgds,
TS

From India, Hyderabad
ashama87

Dear Lorly
You can give a option to your employees as to-
either they can get an encashment of their leaves or they can enjoy leaves.In case they opt for leaves then tell them that they can have leaves 10 at a time and the person opting for leaves will not get encashment for remaining leaves.Like if a person has accumulated 0 days then he can go 4 times for leave (10 days each).
This is just a suggestion.For this you need to review your inductry's and country's laws.And for the suggestion i would love to have feedbak from the seniors.
See mistakes have been done in past,you have to compensate for it anyhow.....Remember to add some useful clauses of leave lapse in future...
All the best
Thanks

From India, Ghaziabad
ashama87

I am sorry the number of accumulated leaves that i mentioned s an example is 40 not 0.Typing error..sorry again...
From India, Ghaziabad
loginmiracle

-----------
Dear Ashama,
It's between U & Me for academic interest. How do you consider this leave policy is "a mistake" . Leave policy in vogue is quite normal and almost every estt. far and near follow this policy more or less the same. The problem arises or feared only due to the fact all the guys did not avail the accumulated leave at credit and it is after thought "what if everybody avail en masse" And by hindsight now thinking of introducing some change, hopefully at reducing the leave days or insert ceiling for accumulation. What else could be done now ? But who would like this without "carat", accept only stick ?
kumar.s.

From India, Bangalore
ashama87

Dear Mr.Kumar
Thank you for sharing your views.With due regards to you i would like to say that I did not say that the leave policy is a mistake but some ignorances in this policy is definitely a mistake.If it would not be a mistake then Mr.Lorly would not have shared his problem on this portal.
I would like to draw your attention to some the facts that must have been paid some attention but it did not happen.
1-The leaves have been accumulated.This fact has been realised afte 10 years
2- In the policy there is no clause as to 'after a certain number of leaves has been accumulated the further leaves will no be carried forward to the next year'.
Such other clauses could have been there to avert such situation.
That is why i suggested him to be careful in future also....
Regards

From India, Ghaziabad
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.