rkjain29

Yeah. Sir, you hv rightly taken my question. "whether ONLY basic pay should be included or one can include 'guaranteed cash' in the Notice Period. Plz Suggest...................
From India, Calcutta
trchhabria

The pay for all practical purposes is Basic Pay. All other allowances e.g. DA, HRA, CCA, Conveyance allowance, LTA, Medical allowance, etc. are in the nature of compensatory allowance for meeting expenses on account of increase in cost of living (DA) or are of the reimbursement nature e.g. House rent, Conveyance/ medical/ cost of travel on leave travel, etc. Moreover for statutory requirement of PF, etc. the pay is Basic Pay only is considered. As such, for notice pay, only Basic pay is considered and not other allowance of compensatory/reimbursement nature.
TR Chhabria

From India, Gurgaon
sumitk.saxena

As far as encashment is concern like leave, gratuity, bonus, & epf the component of basic+da is to be consider rather than gross pay but for notice pay only gross pay is consider.
sumit kumar saxena,
+91-9899669071, 0120-4131277

From India, Ghaziabad
Raj Kumar Hansdah

Dear rkjain29
Your query has been answered correctly by T R Chhabria.
I would like to add that; generally DA is also included.
No other allowances are included, unless otherwise the terms of appointment so specify. However this, i.e. adding all other salary components while calculating deduction of Notice Pay from an employee, would not be considered a good and fair HR policy.
Warm regards.

From India, Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.