Anonymous
Respected Sir/Madam/Friends
I am harsh and joined startup IT company a year back after completing my college. So please guide me what should i do and thanks in advance.
I have joined product base startup, a registered IT company a year back, as a startup we easily accept there is delay in salary, but since last 5 months my company didn't pay me salary. I have wait for the company to raise the fund.But they are not giving proper date for getting salary or fund to company.
Since last 2 months they have declare work from home as they don't have fund to give office rent. Meanwhile i got job in another company, they didn't ask for relieving letters of previous one as I have mentioned my situation.
Now, previous company want their laptop back as they come to know i have joined another company and want to release me without final settlement. I want to keep their laptop for a security of my salary get released So i am doing right ? I know i have to handle their laptop legally, but i don't find that my salary will be deposited so i am keeping for security reasons. so it is proper way ? if not please explain. What legal action company can take in this situation ?
Thank you
Harsh
From Bengaluru

From India, Bengaluru
nathrao

Retaining property belonging to company can be termed theft.
That will be criminal offence.
Company not paying you salary will be a civil offence.
How many months did you not get pay?
Was it the same case with other employees also?
Probably company is in genuine problem and nothing much can be gained by pursuing the company or illegally holding on to property given on trust for company job.
Move on with new job and return laptop and learn from this experience.
No point getting into litigation.

From India, Pune
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.