No Tags Found!

vvishyv
Hello,

My company (American) has outsourced some 10% of its work to couple of companies. As a part of this, there are two cases - (a) some employees have been laid off and have been given a severance payment of 1 month of salary for each year worked with the company. (b) Some other employees have been asked to join the Indian I.T. company and continue working on their projects as employees of the 2nd company at the same salary. In this case, no severance payment is being made. For (b), employees have not been given the option to chose if they would like to just receive the severance package and leave or they would like to join the Indian outsourcing company.

My question is - I fall in (b) above having worked for 12 years with the company and do not wish to join the new company. Can I negotiate with my company to instead give me the severance pay instead and I will look for a job myself elsewhere OR let me continue in may company itself in some other division? Does the law protect me in this matter?

Thank you for your time and advice.

Vishy

From Singapore, Singapore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.