jyotimudgil@rediffmail.com

Dear all seniors,
This is a query on recent holi festival leaves. If any employee is taken half day leave before Holi festival and half day leave after holi festival. So should it be considered as only 2 half day leaves or holi festival should also be calculated in that. My company management is not ready to accept that this would be counted as only 1 leave not 2 leaves. Please help immediately, if I can get good references about these holidays queries from any thread or leaves acts or something. My company comes in "Punjab Shop and Commercial Establishment Act"
Please help at the earliest.

From India, New Delhi
kamesh333

Half-day (2nd half) before Holi & first half after holy means it is two days leave. Intervening holidays for casual leave will be counted as part of leave.
If first half before Holi / second half of Holi etc then it is 2 half days ie., one day leave and holi as holiday. In the same way if one day before holi and one day after holi (casual leave ) then it should be counted as 3 days not 2 days.
In general for casual & SL this is the process and in case of PL / EL the intervening holidays are not part of leave. Most of the organizations follow the same scenario and it also depends on the leave policy of the company.
Regards - kamesh

From India, Hyderabad
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.