No Tags Found!

PRABHAT RANJAN MOHANTY

Dear Collegue,
All of us definitely agree to point that first we are human then comes our profession. Our profession is nothing but our knowledge and skill. If someone wants our skill and knowledge to fight for the rights, we should share our knowledge for the cause. In the instant case one just come out with a valid point, how the rights of workmen are being exploited. We rather to work on it, took the things to debate. This is a place where something good can be done by us as one is not binding to the dictum

From India, Mumbai
nathrao

While we have employers trying to evade social security laws by hook or crook, we have such cases also:https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...s-hare-krishna
But purpose of the forum is upheld if we all share knowledge.
People will approach the forum if they feel solutions are forthcoming and by providing solutions we also grow professionally.
Personally I have gained knowledge of HR function from this forum by reading posts of learned members like Mr Dinesh,Sai,,Umakanthan etc(just naming a few among many learned people)

From India, Pune
Madhu.T.K

It is easy to quote definitions from ILO and such world leaders but what the HRs in this forum expect is the practical replies and what we the poor HRs like me try to convey is the practical solutions to an issue.
I don't refer to international body's quotes and internationally known HR professional's speeches, but try to find out what is the practical solution for an issue base on the situations prevailing and certainly believe that the employee engagement scenario in the organisation headed by the HR persons who are getting applause in the international conferences are not better than that prevailing in organisations which are headed by persons like me.
It is true that an establishment which is not a factory, mine or plantation( for them the minimum number of workers is not applicable) wherein less than 10 are working can also provide gratuity. But how many establishments will give it? When employers are trying their level best to avoid their establishments from the coverage of various Acts, only a few will come up saying that this is a social security measure and we should give it even though we are not under any legal obligation to give it.

From India, Kannur
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.