No Tags Found!

monishapep@yahoo.com

Dear Team,
Looking at current scenerio, responsibilities on HR shoulder has been increased drastically and that's why now a days HR Dept is getting considered as one of the vital business center of any organisation.
I am not at all agree with if it gets manage then no need to stay after 6 in the office but on many instances we have to relay on top management decison which generally takes time and which imposes indirectly to stay back and finish the task.
I am victim of this :), for increment letter, appraisal feedback, promotion, salary processing and other welfare activities where our personal touch and cerativity requires a lot.
So I wanted to say honestly that I am not at all agree with Mr. Sanket;s view that Comparatively, "HR job isn't that hectic. I feel its a routine job & if managed well one can finish the work in the stipulated timeframe"

Regards,
Mona

From India, Mumbai
svinit
Hi All,
The real question is if a HR professional work ends when he/she leaves office. I do not think so as we have to be available for the organization at all times. I work for an IT company and all my employees can call me whenever they feel like with no restrictions of time. So i think even though i leave on time on most days during the month, i work even after that.
Cheers
Vinit

From India, Delhi
Covenant India
I believe this is the case with all jobs. If you get your work done by 6, leave... If you haven't done it and there's something needed early the next day, stay back and do it.
Having to stay late is only a function of how much work you have and whether you can finish it in the stipulated time. If you cant finish it, learn how to become more efficient. Spend less time chatting, and more time getting things done.

From India, Madras
sulekha83
I Feel, It is wrong to say hr job is routine affair, as Hr need to co-ordinate with all other department, and need to uderstand problems of employee as well to finding out ways to solve the problem. So there must not be any perseption to work with in time frame of 9 to 6 P.m. HR need to work beyond any time limit to make a good face of organisation in Market. even if he/ she need to work 18hous he/she must do it.
From India, Mumbai
minalvinaymhaskar
Hi friends,
the no. of hours one works in office does not depend on whether one is in HR or in IT and so on....what matters is the amount of work to be completed....time management skills and many other such aspects.....:icon1:so i think its not a thumb rule that HR works only between 9 to 6.........it all depends on the work load.........:icon1:

From India, Pune
Gazala
I work in a Call center and my shift timings are 2 pm to 11 pm...i dont remember the last time i actually left at 11pm...my work day always crosses 10 to 11 hrs....how i wish i could work 9-6
From India, Mumbai
vaishgodb24
i think that sometimes because of some work overload u hv to wait for long hours.so working strictly from 9-6 may not be possible.but i feel that wrk does not get over.so one should see what is important and not urgent and plan accordingly so as to complete the work btwn 9-6.
From India, Mumbai
Saikiran

Dear All,

In general, planning is the key to a stress free life. If you need to change your plan, then you must.

This applies to 'time management' too - applied to your personal life and work life you need to plan. Period. No exceptions.

During pressure times, everyone works late towards timelines that need to be met.There are no exceptions to this rule.

However, please note that if the tendency is to loose balance, then adjust and make a change to your time plan.

If you need to press hard on meeting timelines and targets, please work intelligently and NOT like a person without direction.

Performance Appraisal times are pressure situations that need to be planned effectively. Also role allocation within teams can be an effective tool to find out who or what processes result in bottlenecks.

Further work-life balance can result in better response time and great motivational results for a person.

So anyone who supports working late maybe working without applying his or her mind.

The key is to think smartly and effectively.

Saikiran

From India, Bangalore
satyakumari.patri

Dear All, I would be purely depend upon the Industry, Like in Manufacturing sector it would be good 9-6 , but in IT/ITES/BPO flexi time would be great.
From India, Hyderabad
SATISH KUMAR DHANWAL

Dear Friends,
I can share my experiences with HAL and NTPC Limited. I had undergone 68 weeks of Trg. (1978)+ aaprox. 2.3 yrs.(1979 to 1983) exp. at Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd. At HAL i experienced that employees were sticking to office timings strictly. At NTPC (from 1983 onwards-- continuing) I found that HR & Admin. the employees (i.e. executives) stay in the Township nearby and are available round the clock in case of any problem which needs their attention. Office hours are for workers and supervisors. Executives do not have office hours but they report on time in the morning.Now, as all of you might have read in the Newspapers that 'FLEXIBLE WORKING HOURS" have been recommended by the 6th Pay Commision. I personally feel we Indians are not fit for such an innovation in office timings. Our general mindset desires "freedom without responsibility". I think it all depends upon organisation culture. But "WORK-LIFE BALANCE" is a must. whatsoever the office timings be. One cannot ignore his family life and be a doer for the organisation only.
I request all members to please comment on the above honestly and naturally.
regards to all,
Yours,

satish kumar

From India, Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.