LindaJohnson
"Look before you leep" before taking up any job it is always better to understand the KRI of the profile in detail. ok... not that it is past, these are the few things which could be done
1.No one is perfect, accept your situation.
2.Adopt a positive attitude
3.Be cheerfull at work
4.Never show your frustration about this situation to your boss.

Things will surely change!

From India
Taru kaur

Hi,
I have gone through your query and found key information is still missing. We can not reach any solution on the basis of assumtions.
What's your profile in your organizaton? and your qualifications and credentials?
Do not take it as internal politics though it may be there but keep it aside and think about your prospects in the org. Assess your credentials and map them with your current profile, pen down tasks involved and rate yourself.
Sometimes we find ourselves better performer in every field which may not be.
If you need proper quidance and solutions do send me the required information.
Regards,
Taru

From India, New Delhi
aaratisingh
Hi,
The only solution lies with your boss, look for right time and get your duties and responsibility from your boss and work on that. it is already too Late(i.e 1 year) / Look for a change.
Regards,
aarati

cirus

Hi,
Always remember there are 3 sides for any thing; your side, other side and the TRUTH.
If i was in your place; i would have sat with my supervisor & discuss the matter; i would have included in my meeing these following things:
1. current responsibilities- which i am performing
2. Extra responsibility which you are capable of handling
3. Growth perspective- your aims
4. Your views regarding your problem
Show confidence, trust in your talk & be foccused, seek for additional responsibilities & collect the feedback for your past performance.
Be open for criticism & learning. I am sure the problem will sort out.
All the BEST.
Regards
Cirus

From India
fizafiza
Hi,
IPR is a matter of understandings and cooperation. If you feel that you are ignored and extra work is not given to use your skill sets then one room is left to work on, be best in your assignments so that no otner can compete with you.Try to be cordial with your collegues. Because anyone of them will be near and dear of your boss and someday he will give your positive feedback to your boss. Hence your journey starts.
Wish you be patient and keep learning. One more thing Keep smiling.
Akhter Sayeed

From India, Raipur
smitahr

U really can't do much in this.......irrespective of the initiatives n all....nothing is gonna happen..There are few people who always do this...reasons are 1. that might b his nature 2. insecurity
So u either look out for a change or b there and instead of cribbing for work..do value addition to ur career profile by studying hr/mgmt articles or going for some certification courses n all...u can go fr some distance diploma in hr n all....stop thinking about him.....n if u can't tolerate his activities.....then have to look out for a change.....orelse have to agree with him fr everything.....Ur call

From India, Mumbai
ranjana chaturvedi

Its power game every where and we have to deal .
He must be very insecure about his position which he will never accept
you must be having more knowledge
Do one thing write a mail to him regarding your problems and CC to senior most (MD/CEO)
it has helped me lots during my ups and down .Be clear about your ability and what u expect .I am sure you will find solution

From India, Mumbai
plesehelp
Hi Ranjana,
R U sure wiritn to his immediate superior (who happens to b a CEO) will work. If you look at it from my view point, I hve never ever interacted with his boss, I do not not what kind of equation he has with his boss, my email will be read by him first then by hiss boss (assumin his boss is more busy), above all it will als make him feel I am undermining his authority and he may be better skilld in that instance to chuck me out of the office.

From India, Mumbai
adewang17

Hi,
Is ther anybody who is boss of your boss? This is a very common phenomenon in HR.
What you can do, you start taking initiatives.You start orgainzing the events which involves employee participation..You build committees..get the things done..slowly you will get your self accepted by all employees...always try to have you own stand..enrich your knowledge..
see if it works..
Regards,
Archana

From India, Pune
vijubob

[B]my boss had agreed at the time of my recruitment that he would use me on all aspects of work,
Did he mention anything in appointment letter or written communcation.
you can ask him directly what he mentioned at the time of interview,,pls be pleasent with him -- whats is the draw back from your side so that you can imprve ur carrer, once thing dont be idle in ur office .....
U just try this once again
regards
viji

From India, Madras
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.