No Tags Found!

dasp06

I thank one and all, who have participated in this discussion. Lots of insight have been given and taken by all of us. I am hopeful that I will fair well in my next interview, at least on this question.
Special thanks to Ash, Mnj., Hema, Uday, kkvanajha, AndrewNoel for making this discussion worth it. Oh, how could I forget to thank our dear friend, RAVI without whom this discussion could have been truncated much earlier.
See you at some other value-adding discussion. Till then, take care and keep contributing.
Long live citehr !
Prashant

From India, Delhi
lks.sone
i dont think its a foolish question , this question is only belongs to relaxe a candidate so that he can aware and familier the situation and he can tell us comfortably and with more correctness.i think its a good question to come relaxe the candidate..
ok..

From India, Indore
uday3003

Dear Prashant,
Really i have been surfing this Cite HR since last year but i have not found this much of responce from the participents.
My special thanks to you and star participent ASHA for her beautifull responceses.
Thank u madam once again.
We will meet in another discussion very soon...
Thanks once again to one and all, especially Mr.RAVI.
Regards
UDAY

From India, Hyderabad
keith2rule

Hi Prashant,
Your reply dated 12:44 PM says "thank you so much Ravi. Keep irritating us with your never-say-die attitude.'"...
I feel you shouldn't have written this liner "Keep irritating us” ... Sounds Bad .!
You could have ended in a different note saying "Thanks for suggestion”.
Since you have posted a query, each one of us would have a different opinion and each one has to right to speak about it..
Pls take on the Inputs what you require and leave the rest..
In fact Ravi was the first one to read your query and putting across his suggestion….
Please do appreciate.

From India
dasp06

Ok. Agreed, Kiran. Thanks for highlighting my mistake. I stand corrected. Sorry, Ravi. But, Kiran just search and read any 10 posts of Ravi and you'll know what goes against him.
And thank you all. It's been a wonderful thread.

From India, Delhi
cpvkannan
Hi i am kannan,i need leave policy for NGO sector to implement in my concern.My concern is a trust one.That leave policy having any legal opinion,give the comments also.At first i want to implement Casual leave and sick leave only,any acts comes for this policy.

gayumaha
i agree this question helps hr to know about that candidate by the way he speaks, because written is different ,speaking and communication is different.
so it helps hr to select a right candidate
keep smiling always:)

From India, Madras
sanketm
Well Ravi...2 points:
1. I meant to say that asking "Tell me about yourself" is as good as asking "Wat ups"... I am not sayin that you should actually ask "Wats up"....n even if I ask I dont think anybody will answer like a loser....
2. Even if your department head has shortlisted a candidate, you have all the rights to reject a candidate if you have the right reasons....dont know wat kind of environment you are working in (no offence)... but times have changed and HR is no more a facilitator...but a decison maker...well thats another topic all together and im sure lot would have already been discussed in this forum...
So... Wats up Dude?? :)

From India, Mumbai
suchitra pattnaik

Prasanth the question raised by you and the answer given by Ravi is from two different perpective .

Ravi I would say an introductory question like tell about yourself is not to show off HR foolishness who don't have time to read the resume rather to know actually how a candidate can represent himself in person when he is questioned,a reusme can carry 10 pages ,but doesn't mean that seeing cv u can finalise some one.

Then what serious question you want to ask,about past or present job profile,that even been mentioned in cv.Skill set,that also is there,about family and education,that also is there in cv,so u mean to say we can select one candidate with out taking an interview,since the cv is a 10 page description .

Being an HR you should not be so idealistic while selecting a candidate.then why an interview is required,u can directly appoint candidate seeing their cv from portals only.

And even it shows imature in attitude when u blame & point out ur finger saying HR are fools only because they ask this question. some time to creat an ease atmosphere this sort of normal question are asked followed with critical question.

For many post both for fresher and for experineced level this questions is being asked to extract some fact from candidates which is not mentioned in cv.in different way like if it a fresher we can put a direct question introduce youself.But for a experince it can be like well Mr/Ms ....going through your cv,could you give a brief description what were the challeges you faced...........in the whole career.

So don't put your ideas as if a final statments but see what other HR says .

This is what my perception .........

From India, Kochi
bond19
Yes, you guys are correct and the question " tell about yourself " asked in all interviews to test that the candidate is true to his resume and the level of communication and all other stuff and there could be possible fake resumes as well. So, this is not a stupid question and this needs to be asked to test the candidate. Good Ravi
From India, Madras
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.