No Tags Found!

Vanessa C

Dear Usman,
In 360 degree performance appraisal system, evaluation is first done by the employee himself. He needs to rate and self appraise as in terms of his Job knowledge, Quality of Work and Professional conduct which is further evaluated by his immediate supervisor apraiser and then reviwer reviews the entire excercise. Along with that you can select a group of people that includes co -workers, suborinates and team members who can evaluate the employee. We are using the same system in our organisation.
All the Best.

From India, Ghaziabad
Dr Marc Clark

Usman, good day. Hope this note finds all things going well with you.

I have not heard of a 180 degree performance appraisal but have heard of a 360. For the most part they have been used in the IT field. Some hospitality organizations are just beginning to use them.

What I know about 360 is this (from research):

In human resources or industrial/organizational psychology, 360-degree feedback, also known as "multi-rater feedback," "multisource feedback," or "multisource assessment," is feedback that comes from all around an employee. "360" refers to the 360 degrees in a circle, with an individual figuratively in the center of the circle. Feedback is provided by subordinates, peers, and supervisors. It also includes a self-assessment and, in some cases, feedback from external sources such as customers and suppliers or other interested stakeholders. It may be contrasted with "upward feedback," where managers are given feedback by their direct reports, or a "traditional performance appraisal," where the employees are most often reviewed only by their managers.

The results from 360-degree feedback are often used by the person receiving the feedback to plan their training and development. Results are also used by some organizations in making administrative decisions, such as pay or promotion. When this is the case, the 360 assessment is for evaluation purposes, and is sometimes called a "360-degree review." However, there is a great deal of controversy as to whether 360-degree feedback should be used exclusively for development purposes, or should be used for appraisal purposes as well. There is also controversy regarding whether 360-degree feedback improves employee performance, and it has even been suggested that it may decrease shareholder value.

A study on the patterns of rater accuracy shows that length of time that a rater has known the person being rated has the most significant effect on the accuracy of a 360-degree review. The study shows that subjects in the group “known for one to three years” are the most accurate, followed by “known for less than one year,” followed by “known for three to five years” and the least accurate being “known for more than five years.” The study concludes that the most accurate ratings come from knowing the person long enough to get past first impressions, but not so long as to begin to generalize favorably.

It has been suggested that multi-rater assessments often generate conflicting opinions, and that there may be no way to determine whose feedback is accurate. Studies have also indicated that self-ratings are generally significantly higher than the ratings of others.

Hope that this information is useful.

Be well and the best to your family

Dr. Marc

PS 63:7

From United States, Calhoun
vicky.rohilya

Dear friends, watch this beautifull presentation. Vikas jain
From India, Indore
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: pps I Believe.pps (675.0 KB, 239 views)

nashbramhall

Dear Vikas,
Nice posting of material sent to you or found on the web. But, what is the relevance of this for the toipic in question?
Have a nice day
Simhan
A retired academic in UK
"It is never too late to learn or improve oneself"

From United Kingdom
Shah Nancy
Hello Mr. Mark,
Thanks for the valuable information on patterns of rater. But even if rater knows employee for one to three years (which is the most accurate as mentioned above)what is the efficacy of the same?
Also if some one can help me with Performance Appraisal Forms / Formats.
Thanks & Regards,
Nancy Shah.

From India, Mumbai
pankaj5777
i have got these massege n i m vry hppy tht thru cite hr. com i knew more thing coz i also entered in hr field doing mba from symbiosis pune n doing job from 16 sep 2005 bt doing job in other deptt n i wanna go in hr
From India, New Delhi
reena.s
Hi friends,
This is ma first post regarding my MBA project in the topic 360 degree feedback performance appraisal. Hope it will help u all. kindly give replies which will encourge me to post more threads .

From India, Madras
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: doc FINAL 1.2.doc (828.5 KB, 699 views)

venhadesh

Really good. Did it in Spss rite. U might have compared all Demographic factors with scaling also which u have done it on 1 factor. Before entering into factor analysis check whether the K-test value is 0.70. Otherwise u should not proceed to Factor analysis.
From India, Madras
krishnadassundaresan
I am looking out to assess participants in leadership skills during the out door activities. does anybody have any suggestions
From India, Bangalore
s.anitha

Dear Sir,
I need some input on 360 degree Appraisal, I have been doing 90degree appraisal in my previous org. recently I have changed my job and this is a new company, and my director wants to introduce 360 degree appraisal.
Our is a IT Company, Please guide me how to go about it;
Do I need to prepare different set of questioner for different people?
What is the area’s for performance measurement?
How will we decided on who will give the feedback on the individual?

Regards,
Anita

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.