No Tags Found!

Shweta Swarnkar

Hello all,
This might be the case with Top companies, but as one will gain experience he can overcome this constraint.
this is my opinion.....
Keep trying............... You know what you have within you....
Regards,
Shweta Swarnkar

From India
Roshk79
Yeah Joy, it makes sense and most of the companies are worried about the educational background i.e. Full time HR. With no offense to the MBA full time grads, I have come across more people who are talented and possess skills to perform better in HR or any other field who dont meet required "educational criteria".
Why are we still in a hiring mode that is not skill based but just education based.
Roshni P. Kumar

From India, Bangalore
kanudhiman

Hi
I think it depends upon sector-to-sector....Im working in a manufacturing concern, n thy prefer ppl holding a Diploma.
But its true tht a full time course carries a weightage....
thanks to all for giving their suggestions. Its really awakening...
Regards
Kanupriya

From India, Gurgaon
voilet malekar
Hi,
I think the experience and the knowledge makes the difference after a period of 2-3 years. So, at initial stage our aim should be to gather experience and good process knowledge and not to worry about salary or the size of the organisation.
Thanks
Voilet

From India, Pune
vijubob

Dear Joe,
The information which you had given 100% true, even in many companies recurit only full time MBA but i dont know wht the pronlem DSL & PT in recruiting.They are not giving more imporatnce to the work only to the MBA degree.i dont think so we will get soliutionf or this.Only Management has to think...
regards
viji

From India, Madras
richa_ferns

Hi All
It indeed is a sad thing that companies do not think much of candidates who do their education part time or through DLP and hence do not give them an opportunity to prove themselves.
I hope companies will realise the potential of this niche group, (niche i say cuz these candidates are the ones who actually have gone thru the grind of working and acquiring a degree / post degree at the same time) and hire them in future.
I have been a victim of this too where i got calls from agencies for openings in fortune 100 cos and was told i cannot be considered as I am part-timer and not a full timer.
Well all I will say here is, rather than feeling self pity or let down by this, lets pull our socks up and do our best. There will come a time when there will be a demand for part timers like us.
Cheers
Richa

From India, Pune
sneha.hr
I agree to it. It is diffucult for a DLP or a part timer to enter a big organisation at the start but after gaining some experience of 2-3 years, its not that difficult.
The reason for such a criteria is that ppl from full time get more exposed to all the areas of HR than DLP and Part time. and Considering that they do not have much experience, they prefer people who have good knowledge.
So dont worry...work with a small or mid size company for few years...and then u can get into it...
Cheers...
Sneha

From India, Mumbai
sara970@rediffmail.com

Hey joe the thing is part time courses are actually introduced for people with work exp, it as an additional qualification for them , JUST TO ADD AN EXTRA FEATHER TO THEIR CAP.it is that if a person who has no work exp,for them is not worth,othrwise it is. that is my view.
Thanx
Sara.

From India, Mumbai
Chanda Batra

Hi, Yes,the PG diploma is equivalent to MBA.No reputed university gives you a MBA Degree..The ultimate result is a PG Diploma and not a degree.
From India, Delhi
munshisameer
Hi Joe,
I am not sure if i can agree with you completely on the same, because based on one incident/rejection you cannot generalize the fact that MBA candidates with Distance learning background are not taken seriously.Each individual has his/her own share of experiences and based on my experience it is how you position yourself in the interview,how effectively you are able to convince your prospective employer that you will add value to the organization.
If you have performed at the interview , trust me your qualifications take a back seat and the management will find out ways to accodomate your profile even if they have a strict selection criteria of hiring full time MBA candidates.
Hope this helps.
Regards
Sameer

Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.