dipil

Dear KVS
This time you really gives a great surprise by adding a serious of videos... Good work done... Almost all Napo is regarding housekeeping... Thanks a lot for sahring... In our Safety Videos Library part one you have given one video regarding CPR... Still second part not received... Waiting to receive the same...
Dear Terry & Raghu: Great inputs... Thanks a lot... Keep on sahring and keep up the pace...
Now let's have a look into another contribution from myside related to chemcal...

From India
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: zip Never_Smash_a_WD40_Can.zip (978.8 KB, 305 views)

raghuvaran chakkaravarthy

Dear KVS,
Really you had given big surprise to me/us after very long time & first time in SVL-II. Thanks for all videos . . . Keep on sharing. . .
Dear Penney,
Thanks for your continuous contribution its helps a lot. . .
Keep on sharing. . .
Dear dipil,
Thanks for the video. . .
Keep up the good work. . .
Dear all,
Another one from my side regarding "complete battery handling”. Hope this video add flavor on your training session. . .
Keep on sharing & gaining. . .

From United States, Fpo
File Type: zip Complete Battery Handling PPE Kit_x264.zip (5.12 MB, 408 views)

kvsundaram

dear dipil,
i don't remember which i gave in the first round. so, i am attaching both the cpr's that i've.
by the way, you asked one question related to that. could u pls. mail me that question, so that i can try to find answers for the same. (i forgot that question)
dear ragu,
due to official commitments, i was unable to spare time in this. i find numerous videos are here & i want to have a look on all. i will try to download all. thanks for your contribution too..
your welding post is still pending for me to have a complete through look. it is in detail....
dear all,
thanks for all of your contribution..

From India, Delhi
File Type: zip adult_cpr.zip (1.91 MB, 337 views)
File Type: zip baby cpr.zip (7.90 MB, 313 views)

tgpenney@gmail.com

CPR is more than giving back life it also recognizing signs of stroke or minor signs of heart attacks way before the patient has a heart attack --- how do I know -- Im a instructor

So read on to breath on to read another day

Every 39 seconds, an adult dies from a cardiovascular disease such as a heart attack or stroke. Cardiovascular disease claims the lives of more than 800,000 adults each year, 150,000 of whom are under the age of 65. Learn what you can do to reduce your risk

“Act in Time”

As February begins, it also kicks off American Healthy Heart Month. The American Heart Association have launched a new "Act in Time" campaign to increase people's awareness of heart attack and the importance of calling 9-1-1 immediately at the onset of heart attack symptoms.

Dial 9-1-1 Fast

Heart attack and stroke are life-and-death emergencies — every second counts. If you see or have any of the listed symptoms, immediately call 9-1-1. Not all these signs occur in every heart attack or stroke. Sometimes they go away and return. If some occur, get help fast! Today heart attack and stroke victims can benefit from new medications and treatments unavailable to patients in years past. For example, clot-busting drugs can stop some heart attacks and strokes in progress, reducing disability and saving lives. But to be effective, these drugs must be given relatively quickly after heart attack or stroke symptoms first appear. So again, don't delay — get help right away!

Statistics

Coronary heart disease is America's No. 1 killer. Stroke is No. 3 and a leading cause of serious disability. That's why it's so important to reduce your risk factors, know the warning signs, and know how to respond quickly and properly if warning signs occur.

Heart Attack (Damage is occurring to the heart muscle) Warning Signs

Some heart attacks are sudden and intense — the "movie heart attack," where no one doubts what's happening. But in reality most heart attacks start slowly, with mild pain or discomfort. Often people affected aren't sure what's wrong and wait too long before getting help. Here are some signs that can mean a heart attack is happening:

Chest discomfort. Most heart attacks involve discomfort in the center of the chest that lasts more than a few minutes (3-5 min), or that goes away and comes back. It can feel like uncomfortable pressure, squeezing, fullness, indigestion or pain.

Discomfort in other areas of the upper body. Symptoms can include pain or discomfort in one or both arms, the back, neck, jaw or stomach. The sharp pain shooting down your left arm or in your neck.

Shortness of breath with or without chest discomfort.

Other signs may include breaking out in a cold sweat, nausea or lightheadedness

No symptoms: some people will never experience any of the above symptoms while having a heart attack; the best prevention of a heart attack is maintaining a healthy diet and lifestyle.

As with men, women's most common heart attack symptom is chest pain or discomfort. But women are somewhat more likely than men to experience some of the other common symptoms, particularly shortness of breath, nausea/vomiting, and back or jaw pain.

Learn the warning signs, but remember this: Even if you're not sure it's a heart attack, have it checked out. Minutes matter! Fast action can save lives — maybe your own. Don’t wait more than five minutes to call 9-1-1.

Calling 9-1-1 is almost always the fastest way to get lifesaving treatment. Emergency medical services staff can begin treatment when they arrive — up to an hour sooner than if someone gets to the hospital by car. The staff are also trained to revive someone whose heart has stopped. Patients with chest pain who arrive by ambulance usually receive faster treatment at the hospital, too.

If you can't access the emergency medical services (EMS), have someone drive you to the hospital right away. If you're the one having symptoms, don't drive yourself, unless you have absolutely no other option. Lastly, if you do not have stomach problems take an ASPERIN (Not Tylenol or Ibuprofen), two 81 mg baby aspirin or one 325 adult. This can also help thin your blood and possibly save your life.

Stroke Warning Signs

The American Red Cross says these are some of the warning signs of a stroke:

Sudden numbness or weakness of the face, arm or leg, especially on one side of the body

Sudden confusion, trouble speaking or understanding

Sudden trouble seeing in one or both eyes

Sudden trouble walking, dizziness, loss of balance or coordination

Sudden, severe headache with no known cause

Remember FAST (Face. Arms, Speech and Time) these simple steps can help determine if the person is experiencing a stroke:

A. Face- Have the person smile and check for signs of weakness on one side of the face

B. Arms-Have the person raise both arms at the same time and check for weakness or numbness in one or both the limbs

C. Speech-Ask the person to say a simple sentence(i.e. Lunch is ready), check for any slurred speech or trouble speaking

D. Time- Call 911 or your local emergency number immediately and note the time the stroke signals started.

If you or someone with you has one or more of these signs, don't delay! If given within three hours of the start of symptoms, a clot-busting drug can reduce long-term disability for the most common types of stroke.

Stay with the person they may feel fearful or anxious. Most often they do not understand what has happened to them. Offer comfort and reassurance, but never give them food or water and wait till Emergency Medical Service arrives.

Cardiac arrest (Heart has stopped beating) strikes immediately and without warning. Here are the signs:

Sudden loss of responsiveness (no response to tapping on shoulders).

No normal breathing (the victim does not take a normal breath when you tilt the head up and check for at least five seconds).

No pulse when checked at your pulse points(Wrist, Neck and Upper Arm)

If these signs of cardiac arrest are present, tell someone to call 9-1-1 and get an AED (Automated External Defibrillator) (if one is available) and begin CPR immediately. Remember it only takes 6 minutes of blood loss to the human brain for brain damage to occur. After 10 min, it begins irreparable damage.

If you are alone with an adult who has these signs of cardiac arrest, call 9-1-1 and get an AED (if one is available) before you begin CPR.

ABCs of Preventing Heart Disease, Stroke and Heart Attack

Sounds simple doesn’t it? So why is coronary heart disease and stroke the No. 1 and No. 3 killers of Americans? One reason is undeniably a lack of commitment to a heart-healthy lifestyle. Your lifestyle is not only your best defense against heart disease and stroke, it’s also your responsibility. By following these three simple steps you can reduce all of the modifiable risk factors for heart disease, heart attack and stroke including:

Stop smoking. If you smoke, look to quit. If someone in your household smokes, encourage them to quit. We know it’s tough. But it’s tougher to recover from a heart attack or stroke or to live with chronic heart disease. Commit to quit it will be better for your overall health.

Reduce blood cholesterol. Fat lodged in your arteries is a disaster waiting to happen. Sooner or later it could trigger a heart attack or stroke. You’ve got to reduce your intake of saturated and trans fat and get moving. If diet and exercise alone don’t get those numbers down, then medication is the key. Take it just like the doctor orders. Here’s the lowdown on where those numbers need to be:

Total Cholesterol – Less than 200 mg/dL

LDL (bad) Cholesterol – LDL cholesterol goals vary by person.

Low risk for heart disease – Less than 160 mg/dL

Intermediate risk for heart disease – Less than 130 mg/dL

High risk for heart disease including those with heart disease or diabetes – Less than 100mg/dL

HDL (good) Cholesterol – 40 mg/dL or higher for men and 50 mg/dL or higher for women

Triglycerides – Less than 150 mg/dL

Lower high blood pressure. It’s the single largest risk factor for stroke. Stroke is the No. 3 killer and one of the leading causes of disability in the United States. Stroke recovery is difficult at best and you could be disabled for life. Shake that salt habit, take any medication the doctor recommends exactly as prescribed and get moving. Those numbers need to get down and stay down. American Heart Association recommended less than 120/80 mmHg.

Be physically active every day. Research has shown that getting 30–60 minutes of physical activity on most days of the week can help lower blood pressure, lower cholesterol and keep your weight at a healthy level. But something IS better than nothing. If you’re doing nothing now, start out slow. Studies show that people who have achieved even a moderate level of fitness are much less likely to die early than those with a low fitness level.

Aim for a healthy weight. Obesity is an epidemic in America, not only for adults but also for children. Fad diets and supplements are not the answer. Good nutrition and physical activity are the only way to maintain a healthy weight. Obesity places you at risk for high cholesterol, high blood pressure and insulin resistance, a precursor of type 2 diabetes — the very factors that heighten your risk of cardiovascular disease. Your Body Mass Index (BMI) will tell you if your weight is healthy.

Manage diabetes. Cardiovascular disease is the leading cause of diabetes-related death. People with diabetes are two to four times more likely to develop cardiovascular disease due to a variety of risk factors, including high blood pressure, high cholesterol, smoking, obesity and lack of physical activity.

Reduce stress. Some scientists have noted a relationship between coronary heart disease risk and stress in a person's life that may affect the risk factors for heart disease and stroke. For example, people under stress may overeat, start smoking or smoke more than they otherwise would. Research has even shown that stress reaction in young adults predicts middle-age blood pressure risk.

Limit alcohol. Drinking too much alcohol can raise blood pressure, cause heart failure and lead to stroke. It can contribute to high triglycerides, produce irregular heartbeats and affect cancer and other diseases. It contributes to obesity, alcoholism, suicide and accidents. The risk of heart disease in people who drink moderate amounts of alcohol (an average of one drink for women or two drinks for men per day) is lower than in nondrinkers. However, it’s not recommended that nondrinkers start using alcohol or that drinker’s increase the amount they drink.

From Canada, Calgary
dipil

Dear KVS
Thanks a lot for your both CPR vidoes... You were earlier not uploaded the baby cpr... I was earlier asking about the CPR ratio with regard to number of first aiders... I got the answer of the same through our another thread... If you are interested just have a look...https://www.citehr.com/306627-cpr-background.html
Dear Terry: Thanks a lot for your write up on CPR....It's really helpful...
Dear Raghu: Thanks for your video... Nice one...
Dear All
Now lets have a look into another video showing accident while doing excercise...
Keep on sharing and keep up the pace...

From India
File Type: zip fitness0610.zip (1.21 MB, 299 views)

Dear KVS,
Thanks for sharing. . .I am not get time to download your cpr videos. . .
Dear Penney,
Thanks for your wrote up. . .
Keep on sharing. . .
Dear dipil,
Thanks for the video. . .
Keep on sharing. . .
Dear all,
Another one from my side regarding "safety signs”.
Keep on sharing & gaining. .

From United States, Fpo
File Type: zip Safety Signs_x264.zip (5.56 MB, 411 views)

dipil

Dear Raghu
Good work... Nice video on safety signages...
Dear All
Now lets have a look into the Near Miss Video Related to Nail Gun... One learning from the video is to study the operator manual well before operating any new machine...
Keep on sharing and keep up the pace...

From India
File Type: zip Nailgun2.zip (1.29 MB, 280 views)

S.L.Subramanian

your contributions seems really wonderful. Keep posting. Wish u good luck in all your actions Regards, S.L.Subramanian,5S Consultant and Motivational Speaker Erode 9524549989
From India, Erode

Dear Dipil Thanks for sharing such a Nice video... Dear All Just take a look on another video from myside regarding "hand & power tool safety"... Keep on sharing and gaining. . .
From United States, Fpo
File Type: zip Hand and Power Tool Safety_x264.zip (3.36 MB, 487 views)

Dear Subramanian, Thanks for your feedback. . . Dear all, Please wrote/put on your commands/scraps its help to participate our members actively. . . Please come forward. . .
From United States, Fpo
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.