No Tags Found!

M.Peer Mohamed Sardhar

A very nice story about futility of non-theistic moralism

By Kunja Bihari Devi Dasi

The ethics of the non-theistic moralists are compared to those of the scorpion who once requested a favor from a camel.

The scorpion wanted to cross a deep river but could not find any way to do so. Seeing a camel nearby, the scorpion approached him and asked the camel to carry him across. The camel refused, saying, "You will sting me."

"No, no. I am an ethical scorpion. I promise I won't sting you."

The camel agreed and, taking the scorpion on his hump, began crossing the river. Halfway across, the scorpion suddenly stung the camel.

"Why did you do that?" the camel asked. "Now we will both die."

"What can I say?" the scorpion replied. "It's my nature."

Similarly, although the non-theistic moralists try to live an ethical life, because their concept of the meaning of life is limited to dull matter any ethical behavior they adopt is selfishly motivated and quickly discarded.

Although they speak about universal love and brotherhood, the non-theistic moralists, like their immoral brothers, are unable to appreciate others as anything more than dull matter. Their perception is limited to the external body, and the relationships they form with others are similarly skin- deep—shallow, short-lived, and ultimately prone towards exploitation. Since they identify themselves as temporary matter, there is no reason for them to perform truly selfless acts. The best social message the non-theistic moralists can offer is, "You are just a bag of chemicals and molecules that somehow just appeared and has no intrinsic meaning. Other persons are also only bags of chemicals and molecules—but you should be nice to them."

The natural reply will be, "Why should I be nice?"

"Because it's the good thing to do, and if you don't you'll go to jail."

Since the basic motivation of the ethical behavior of atheists is to avoid public censure, is it any surprise that as soon as they think they have an opportunity to gain some illicit advantage without getting caught they will do so?

From India, Coimbatore
dgshah

It’s a gr8 message to all of us. Practice what u preach and preach what you practice. isn’t it !!! Thank you for sharing good idea. Divyang
From India, Vadodara
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.