No Tags Found!

parmeshsingh
I want to know about "Consulcube model of Organisational Development" by Blake & Mouton. pls let me know if anybody has any information on this.
From India, Mumbai
parveenk_bhatia

Hi,

when we talk about OD interventions , we talk about consulcube. it is also one of the organizational consultation intervention

Consulcube (Blake and Mouton 1986). is a three-dimensional framework, where an analysis of the client, the focal issue and kind of interventions serve as selector of
the intervention to use.
The first step in the Consulcube is to consider the client, is it:
an individual,

a group, which is an established group already working together,

inter-group, where the intervention is to involve two or more groups, which may have differing
agendas,

an organization as a whole or

a larger social system, such as a community?
Most group modeling will probably involve either an established group or an ad-hoc group (i.e. intergroup)
consisting of members from different groups or organizations.
The second step in the Consulcube is to consider the focal issue at hand, is it a matter of:

-
power/authority, i.e. about decision-making

-
morale/cohesion, i.e. about organizational culture

-
norms/standards, i.e. about operations, how things are done, or

-
goals/objectives, i.e. about policy, why things are done.
Most system dynamics interventions are either about operations or policy, or both.

The final step is determining the form of the intervention(s), is it based on:

-
theory/principles, i.e. the consultants refers to accepted theory or practice, which then is used as
a common base for discussion and problem solving,

-
prescriptive, i.e. a patient/doctor situation where the consultant is the expert carrying out the appropriate
analysis and then prescribing the correct solution,

-
confrontational, i.e. the consultant creates confrontation by holding opposing views or exposing
behavior contradictive to espoused behavior,

-
catalytic, i.e. the consultant designs and carries out a process, where the consultant is "neutral"
as to the content of the process, but ensures that the process is effective, or

-
acceptant, i.e. the consultant has a very passive role, mainly listening and nodding.

thanks ans regards

From India, Ujjain
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.