No Tags Found!

Richa Singh_ngp
Hii all,
My company works for 5 days a week. I wanted to know that do we have to exclude saturdays n sundays, while calculating his leaves, wen a guy take 10 days leave at a stretch ....?
And also tell me, how is per day salary is calculated? Please explain with an example if possible.
Thanks..
Richa Singh
Nagpur

From India, Nagpur
anil.arora

Hi Richa yes we calculate this if including Friday and Monday he took leave and sat and sun is not working this will be counted. But it differs from organization to organization...
From India, Gurgaon
pankusan
Saturday and sunday are included if he is applying for SL / EL, But in case of CL it is not counted. Whether CL can’t be applied for more than 03 days in most of the companies.
From India, Guwahati
sharma sunil

Hi Richa, you have to calculate earned leave on actual working days of an employee, and 50 percent present is required to get holiday of satardy and sunday after adjusting leave also, amt wil be calculated for EL By using basic*no of days/26. Regards Sunil Sharma mob. 9910126718
From India, New Delhi
sharmaneesu

Hi Richa,
it totally depends on your leave policy. many organisation have a leave policy wherein no prefix or suffix together allowed with national holidays and weekends. if some does that leaves fall in between will be counted as leaves.
so it is recommended to all either to prefix the leaves or suffix with national holidays or weekends not to both at one time.
if you have this as a part of policy, then Saturday and Sunday will be counted as leave.
i hope its clear..
regards,
Nishu

From India, New Delhi
Anil Akuri

Hi Richa,
Considering the holidays or weekends as leave when you have a leave inclusive of holidays or weekends (with prefix and suffix) is totally depends on the company policy. I understand that every company follows their own rules in this calculation especially considering the business and industry they are in. So i would suggest you look into your company need and define your policy accordingly.
Thanks,
Anil

From India, Hyderabad
nemat2010
I would suggest you look into your company need and define your policy accordingly. Becouse my company consider SL, CL,SL and APL as leave on saturday nd sunday except PL.
From India, Nagpur
Richa Singh_ngp
Hii All,
Thank you all of you for your suggestions..
Please tell me- how per day salary is calculated ?
which according to you is best-
gross salary/ 22 ( excluding sat n sun) OR
gross salary/ 30 OR
basic salary/ 22 ( excluding sat n sun)OR
basic salary/ 30.
Regards,
Richa Singh
Nagpur

From India, Nagpur
riah1507

No, in case of continuous leaves Saturdays and Sundays are included. For example a person takes leave from 1-10th of a month. and 1st being Monday then the leaves will be counted as:
1-Monday
2-Tuesday
3-Wednesday
4-Thursday
5-Friday
6-Saturday
7-Sunday

8-Monday
9-Tuesday
10--Wednesday
Whatever balance is there with the employee use that.
Example, if he has enough CL/ EL mark accordingly.

From India, Delhi
Raj Kumar Hansdah

I fully agree with the reply given by Anil Akuri; that "every company follows their own rules..".
In fact this speaks a lot about whether the company is people-friendly or profit-friendly.
Good companies allow Sundays (or Weekly Off's), Closed Holidays etc. to be combined or added as prefix or suffix and these are not counted while arriving at the number of leave days applied.
In other words, if an employee applies for a 10 day leave, out of which 2 days are weekly off's and 1 is a Closed Holiday, then the no. of leave is counted as 7 only and accordingly 7 days is reduced from his leave balance.
However, since there are no laws framed by the government on this; and since private sectors are a law unto themselves; one can get away with anything (and so it seems from some of the responses).
Warm regards.

From India, Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.