No Tags Found!

drukganu

I saw a lot of bullies during work life of about 45 years. Through curiosity I had downloaded extensively from internet various approaches and wonderful pictures depicting bullies. The credits are not to me but to all those contributors who discussed the topic in open forums on internet.
Recent threads from Nikhil Gurjar (on Ego to Sophisticated Bully), Kavita Bajaj (Spy in Organization) to contributions fromTaj, Octavious & (Cite Contribution) on these topics almost compelled me to make a presentation out of it on Bullying in Corporate.
This certainly not an adviced but a humble attempt & I would be happy if it can help people in some way in understanding the topic.
Dr Ulhas Ganu

From India, Mumbai
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: ppt Bullying01.ppt (871.5 KB, 765 views)

tajsateesh

Hello Dr Ulhas Ganu,
A good & useful effort--looks like you didn't earn your Doctorate for nothing :-)
You know/realize something?
In a way...albeit indirectly and/or unknowingly.....you touched upon the most salient aspect espoused in the Bhagavat Gita by Krishna--refer the Slide#19 in your PPT [‘To The Extent You Allow!’].
After unfolding/narrating/teaching ALL THE 18 Chapters covering much of the causes/reasons/aspects of human existence, the art of war, governance, etc., he finally tells Arjuna: NOW YOU DECIDE, whether to fight this battle or not. He doesn't say: now do as I tell you.
Hope you get my point---pl do let me know if I should elaborate/explain.
Rgds,
TS

From India, Hyderabad
moinkhan1961

This is true that nothing can replace the experience - great ppt about a unique subject. Thanks for sharing your worthy experience and work. Moin Khan
From Pakistan
drukganu

Thanks Moin, Kalia, Sharon & Marathe.
Special thanks to Tajsateesh. I remember that the sentence, 'How much one can bully you? ..... to the extent you allow', is etched on my mind since my PG Dip. in Management Studies during 1986-88. Prof. John who used to teach 'Human Factor in Management' had elaborated it.
Your connection for it to GEETA is great. I did not realize it but now comprehend it. Thanks for that. However, your elaborations are always nice. Hence I would welcome if you can elaborate the GEETA connection further.
One of the reasons for posting it was the Thread 'Spying in Corporate' & Samyak's experience- and the anger she expressed, which was natural. One of my HOD's used to tell us that while delivering lecture, even if some one tries to provoke you, do not get angry there. That makes one slip the bearing, and performance drops in front of the audience. I learned well that same is with tackling bullies.
Regards
Dr. Ulhas Ganu

From India, Mumbai
tajsateesh

Hello Dr Ulhas Ganu,
Thanks for your kind remarks. But like I mentioned couple of days ago in response to a private message to a member, I just 'try' to put to 'good' use the skills HE gave me.
I will elaborate on the GEETA connection in a day or two....would need to sit coolly.
But this Quote is what prompted to post NOW: "When you think someone has insulted you, ignore it; if you can't ignore it, then top it; if you can't top it, then laugh at it; and if you can't laugh at it, you probably deserve it."
Thought it pretty well sums up what you mentioned :-)
Rgds,
TS

From India, Hyderabad
da2100
Dear Dr. Ganu,
Thanks for sharing such a collection of slides on this phenomenon. The basic composition of such thought structure is that "might is right" as you rightly mentioned in your slides about "imbalance of power between bully and the victim".
Regards

From India
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.