No Tags Found!

chaarujain
I joined TCS as a fresher and worked for about 1.5 years ,I had a bond of 2 years ,after working for 1.5 years i left the job without informing the company ,it was case of absconding and then i joined a govt job,after leaving tcs i recieved a letter from tcs stating that i have breached bond and i have to pay the amount.I dint reply to that letter now alomst after one year I have again recived a notice from TCS arbitrator that I have to pay the bond amount or some legal action could be taken.Can you please help to tell that what shall I do now and if i dont pay the bond amount what action can they take ?

avinash.tavares

Hi Chaarujain,

Signing a bond, in my opinion, is borderline slavery. Having said that, this "bond" culture came into existence part is because of people(job hoppers) who quit their job withing a few months of joining and part because companies have done a poor job in maintaining a healthy job environment for their employees and employees are forced to leave because they are unhappy, depressed or harassed in their job.

Regardless of what category you come under, ethically, you made a deal and you should choose to honor it. If you choose not to pay, there are 2 bad news and 2 good news. The bad news is that nothing can stop the company from filing a case against you in the court of law and you will probably be blacklisted in that company and maybe even other IT companies(if they share their blacklist). The good news is that since you got a govt job, you need not care about you being blacklisted. The other good news is that since our court of law is already overburdened with more serious issues, any case against you will drag on, you can base your defense on issues of health, mental stress etc and the cost of a lawyer might be far less than the amount you agreed to pay in the bond. Only thing you need is not to get affected emotionally by the whole process.

Just remember, you are not alone. There are hundreds like you who are stuck in the bond and want out. But how you choose to honor the deal you make depends on your ethics.

All the Best

Avinash Tavares

Management Trainer & Life Coach

youthempowermentsolutions.org

From India, Pune
gonuguntla.sg@gmail.com
hi Avishnash, I am also into same category. I got get bit relax after i read this news . Can you please tell me, Can i get proper releaving letter if i paid back the money. Warm regar4ds..
From Germany, Rüsselsheim
saurabhpandey85
hi chaaru i am also facing exactly the same problem as yours..so please reply at this thread so that can be of gr8 help to me... plz tell me how u got out of this thanking you regards
From India, Gurgaon
nikharm
Hi Chaaru,
I find myself with you in the same shoes after reading your story. Going through something like this right now which is doing nothing but adding stress into my life. I quit tcs and broke the bond almost an year ago but recently received their letter for hearing in Bombay and I am really tensed about what to do. It'd be great if u can reply as to what happened next with you, would turn out to be a big help. Let me know any better way to contact you too, if not here .

From India, Pune
sushilkluthra@gmail.com

Pl refer to the post on this site titled " Bond related" and opinions given therein and take decision accordingly.
From India, New Delhi
niru3112
Hi
I am also facing same situation despite I'm not in bond period.
They are not providing any option of buyout and harrasing me of absconding if I dont serve 90 days.
Will it affect my joining at any Govt./PSU Organisation like in BackGround Check.

From India, New%20Delhi
malikjs

Dear All
who are suffering from the same disease,please read my attachment .you all will get answer to your query.
these IT companies take bond,make a contract as not to join in any other company. all are illegal and no other trade has such type of bond or contract because these bonds does not stand in law.
please read my attachment

From India, Delhi
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: pdf Negative Covenant in Contract of Employment-1.pdf (108.5 KB, 186 views)

Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.