No Tags Found!

sravanthi pabbathi
Hi Sir, I have joined in one company on 26 Nov, 2015 and my last working date is 19 June, 2020
Am I eligible to gratuity? If not is there any process for negotiation of gratuity period?

From India, Hyderabad
nathrao

5 years continuous service is required for gratuity. It does not appear that you would be eligible for gratuity.
From India, Pune
KK!HR

You are completing only 4 years and six months service, so you are ineligible under the Payment of Gratuity Act 1972. In law there is no process to circumvent this requirement under Section 4(1) of the Act. If the employer agrees to negotiate with you as a matter of gratis, then only you can be benefitted.
From India, Mumbai
PRABHAT RANJAN MOHANTY

One need to complete 5 years of continuous service for eligible for gratuity. You have rendered 4 years 6 month 23 days, so you would not be eligible for gratuity. There is nothing wrong to ask for but chance is remote, no establishment would create a wrong trend.
From India, Mumbai
rkn61

Your eligibility for gratuity payment shall be as per provisions of Payment of Gratuity Act,1972
and Act does not say any clause or provision for pro-rated gratuity payment, based on your length of services with the company.
For negotiation of gratuity period, you need to take a call for a dialogue with management,
we, from this Forum, has nothing to say.

From India, Aizawl
ajay-mathur
I joined one company after retirement at the age of 60 years on 14.10.2015 and continue till date . Should I will eligible for gratuity after retirement and completion of more than 5 years. Ajay
From India, Sunam
KK!HR

Yes, you are eligible for gratuity having completed more than 5 year service.
From India, Mumbai
cpatle

I joined company 12 Aug,2016 and relieving on 4th Apr,2021. 4 year 7 month continues service. so can i am eligible for gratuity . please reply.
From India, Mumbai
Arunkram
i have one question for contract employees who will pay the gratuity .
From India, Chennai
PRABHAT RANJAN MOHANTY

Dear Arun, The employer is one to pay gratuity because he is (contractor) employer and is the paymaster of the employee so employed by him.
From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.