No Tags Found!

Sonia Kakkar

I agree with you Shashank. no body will land any where in this discussion. And lets not make thinks just like this.
From India, Pune
Swapna

hmmm...
Controversial topic.
But my question is -is it only HR Personnel who chat & roam?? others never do it??
In my opinion as long as there is no harm caused to your co-workers and organizational growth, there is nothing to comment on this topic. what matters is the positive result you provide to your organization at the end of the day.
As Suvarna and Shirisha rightly pointed that HRs should not stick on to their chairs instead they need frequent intractration with employees in order to establish a good work environment.
Regards
Swapna

From India, Hyderabad
Sapana

Hi All,

I think this is just an discussion & a query(doubt) which our friend Shavalad has raised. His subject was little personal, but he said sorry for that in his message.

Shavalad, i would like to draw some light for your queries:

1) HR People never do timepass, they create this situation because they want to maintain a comfort level in the organisation.

2) They roam around in the office, which means they are definitely doing some research which may not be important you as a individual.

3) They are the base of any organisation, how we can think that they are doing timepass and no work.

4) They are the one who does Manpower planning, Salaries, Appraisals, Recruitments, Grievance Handling, keeping office atmosphere hygienic & lively and many many important tasks in our organisations.

Infact they are the one who are always in pressure & Stress, has the quality of not showing it.

Therefore guys if you see next time any HR individual doing so, just think it is part of his/her work and he/she is definitely doing some R & D which will help our organisation.

Thanks & Regards

Sapana Kale :D

From India, Pune
Shambhu Kumar
Hi All,

I completely agree with shavalad. But if you look at the other note of the topic... I think That its most important for the HR people to be busy in Chatting, as it helps them to interact with people. We all have a clear understanding that chatting is useless but on the converse side it helps growing in relationship between two human on Professional grounds also.

For an Ex.. I would deffinatley like to share an experience of mine. I had been with a company in U.S for their hiring campaign. It was really tough to choose a person suitable for the job we were offering since it required technical knowledge as well as communication fluency. Every resume contains those parameters. But on the practical ground we were not in a position to hire someone unsuitable, since it would have costed us our major clients. Then I meet a person on the chat room. we had a long discussion in the chat room and eventually she got selected and for the past two years she had been an asset for us.

So, On my personal thoughts I do strongly recommend HR people to chat or send mails... But with that they must have a thought for Job that they are doing. Have Fun at work place, and Enjoy your Job... This is the motto which I belive on..

Thanks

Shambhu

From India, Gurgaon
jenny1

Hi All!
I agree with Sujay that for HR people roaming around the office and having conversations with other employees is a part of their job which enables them to have good communication with others and to find out if they have any problems and if they can help them in anyways. If they stick on in their seat and do not mingle with others just like software professionals, they can not find out what is going on around their own office and due to which they can not plan about any improvements that can be made.
In fact if we see in any HR policy they see that we need to involve the employees even to make a policy.
Regards,
Jennifer

From India, Mumbai
S Kumar

Hi everybody,
This is my second comment on the same topic. In my previous email I made strong objections to the statements made by few members. I am not here to change my words…I stick to those words. :!:
I could not accept that, we, the HR professionals, need to give justification of our day to day activities to the fellow HR person… :cry: this is really shameful. We are fighting for a place in the Board-Room and here are few ppl who think…Why All HR Personals are busy in chatting??? :?:
Also, there is no point in committing a mistake and then saying sorry as the damage is already done by that mistake.
Also, I could not get these statements...I think these are self - contradictory statements
Shashank

From India
Shambhu Kumar
Hi Shashank,
I didn't wanted to sound contradictory but to be very honest If you say someone that you are an HR and your work includes Chating :D they would deffinately get screwed.
So I wanted to show the Use of chatting in order to achive the targets
Thanks
Sham

From India, Gurgaon
kannan pillai
Hi All,
I would like to add some points to this. I am in a service industry and i have some points to discuss with you.
1. If an HR guy is always sitting in his seat and if he is not mingling with employees he is not worth for the company.
2. HR is always a thankless job, whatever he is doing not for him its only for others.
3. If HR is not working properly how your organisation will be stable with right manpower, he only directly involved with your
recruitment,training,compensation,career progression what else even your final settlement has to go through his desk.
4.You are doing your job but HR person is doing his job for others.
5.It is a 100% thankless job, but respect and dignity is at its best.
6. If increment is not there you will blame HR, if any good increment , You will give applauds to your bose. But you are not knowing only based on HR feedback and recommendation everybody is getting promotions and increments.
With warm Regards to all HR colleagues
Kannan

From India
sara.kathi
Hi Guys,

I really would like to know which comapny is this ?

Hope majority of Forum members are HR personnels. I as an HR employee do send the mails .... but that would actually is a stress buster.

I make sure I send some informatic msgs.

Chatting may not be a correct word to use... i may say that as people / relationship mgmt. I chat a lot, i go to my colleagues in various depts and chat.. buit i know how many frauds and problems i got and resolved just by chatting with them.

I chat to understand the business and yes ,we do speka on lighter side.

I got life time friends from various functions but not from HR..

We may be assertive and say NO sometimes..be fore coming to a conclusion on HR , please check what kindof request did you put infornt of them and got an answer NO...

I have to stick on my HR policy and will have to say no... Your HR would be assertive but not arrogant....

PLEASE DO NOT HAVE SUCH IMPORESSION as my friend told .. Just go and spend a weeks time with HR , you will come to know the fact.

Regards

Sara Kathi

From India, Hyderabad
Ravi BS
Hi, I agree with Shashank. Generalised comments on HR folks always chatting, is erroneous. We need to be more professional in brining up agenda for debate / discussions. Regards Ravi.B.S.

Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.