Hi, How should one become a welfare officer. Kindly suggest examination and qualification for becoming a welfare officer. Regards, Vivek
27th February 2008 From India, Bangalore

Deputy Manager Hr Admin
Hr- Payroll
Hr And Admin
Hr Profession
Private Service (managar Hr)
+1 Other

Hi Welfare Officer is the Statutory Appointment to be made under the Factories Act, 1948, if the strength of employees is more than 1000. Futher if there are more than 500 women employee a lady Welfare Officer has to be appointed. The education qualification and condtions for the Welfare Officer is available in the State Factory Rules. Generally for an welfare Officer one should be a MSW / MA ( Social Work) / MBA with Personnel Management subject. For futher details you can go through the State Factory Rules of the respective states. With regards K.S.Y.Murthy
27th February 2008 From India, Bangalore
hi, Im a Post Graduate in Human Resources, is there any exam for which i need to qualify as an welfare office??
28th February 2008 From India, Bangalore
Yes friend, It should be clear that along with prescribed qualification an welfare officer has to attend to the state Chief Inspector of Factories for viva-voce test. In this test they want to see the knowledge of regional langauge i.e for Bengal a welfare officer should know bengali langauge (speak / write/read). They also test the knowledge of labour and welfare laws. There is slab for recruiting welfare officer in organisation and in West Benga as far to my knowledge it is 01 for 500 to 1000 employees. I my self compleated DSW (Diploma in Social Welfare) from Calcutta University in 1999 and started my carrer as welfare officer and at present working as Manager(HR). Thanks to all. rrtpan
6th March 2008
hi, I have a diploma in Production Technology & about six years experience in engineering company. Can I become a Welfare Officer? Is there any exam for Welfare Officer?
13th December 2008
Hi friends According to Fact Act 1948 every company employeeing 500 or more workmen has to appoint one welfare officer and an additional WF officer if the number crosses 1000 workmen.The WF officer should have a requisite qualification in personnel management and industrial relations(like PG dip in PM and IR) with relevant experience . in govt undertaking there is a examination to be cleared .but in case of pvt comp's same as a normal interview process. I also heard that the welfare officer has to be registered with th fact insp office . Hope this of help Please share if more info is available regards Rajeev Dixit AM - Hr
16th December 2008 From India, Bangalore
Dear All, In continuance of above discussions i have an question.
that i have ..
1. completed My MBA HRM from Sikkim Manipal University (Correspondence) IN 2007 TO 09 SESSIONS.
2. completed PGDPMLWHR (Post Graduate Diploma In Personnel Management and Industrial relation From Himachal University Shimla. in 2010-11 session (correspondence)
i want to know that being a citizen of haryana state where i have to apply for eligibility test for Labour Welfare Office.
please suggest...
shish pal saini
6th December 2012 From India, Delhi
Please login to participate in this discussion. Discuss problems, ideas, solutions with industry peers. Stay up-to-date with what's new and what's happening in the industry. Create Account (No Registration Charges)

About Us - Advertise - Contact Us - RSS   On Google+  
Privacy Policy | Disclaimer | Terms Of Service
Facebook Page | Follow Us On Twitter | Linkedin Network