No Tags Found!

sridharan venkataraman

Dear Experts, One of our employees who joined the company has furnished his date of birth as 00.00.1997 in support of his secondary school leaving certificate submitted by him in 1997. Now, he is seeking an amendment to his date of birth to 00.00.2000 by producing a certificate of birth issued by the Birth and Death department in 2003. We have denied this amendment as sought by him since our certified standing order of the company stipulates that the date of birth of the employee shall be recorded per the SSLC certificate, and any difference in date of birth the date of birth recorded as per SSLC certificate shall become final. Now my query is
1. Whether our stand is legally correct?
2. What sort of action can be taken by the employee against our denial of his request?
Please advice
V Sridharan

From India, Mumbai

Hi, In this case the employee should make the changes (the revised DOB) through Gazette notification and should produce the copy which will be valid.
From India, Madras
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.