An employee from my office is on training. What and how much allowance should be given to him??
From India, Nowgong

Doesn't he work for your company during training period? Naturally, he should be put to work. Then why this question?

Is he an apprentice from the RI Centre or under Optional Trade? Then he should be paid stipend fixed by the Central Government.

Is he engaged following the clause in the Standing Orders of your company? Then pay him the required amount as per Standing Orders. It shall not be less than 75% of the statutory minimum wages fixed by the government for his category of work.

If he does not belong to the above categories pay him "salary" not less than the statutory minimum wages fixed by the government. A trainee other than the two mentioned above are at par with any other employee of your company. Only difference is that he may not be that skilled and therefore, you can treat him as either semi skilled or even unskilled, but no way, he can be employed without paying salary and without paying ESI,PF, Bonus etc.

From India, Kannur

If the employee is deputed for training outside the organisation, treat it as on tour and pay traveling allowance and daily allowance for the entire training duration & travel period. Of course, the employee is entitled to full salary for the entire period.
From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.