Hello All, My friend was working in IT company, he joined and due to family issues, he left the company without serving a Notice period.

Now the company sent an email saying to pay the due amount for not serving the notice period, it is almost 3 months of gross Salary they are asking to pay.

What should be the next Action Item on this?

Will the company will take legal action he won't pay that money.

From India, Hyderabad
Sr.manager - Hr&admin
It Company



First the primary point to mention here is that it is not at all good to abscond from a company without information, whatsoever the reason may be. It is always advisable to discuss with HR if one is having issue and not able to serve notice period.

With regard to compensation, your question is not very clear.

what was nature of employment Permanent /tenure based contract ?
what was the role of the employee?
any training agreement /indemnity bond signed by the employee?
any security cheques deposited with the employer?

it all depends on the employment terms and conditions. If Company can prove the loss incurred due to the sudden exit of employee they have the right to claim.

From India, Madras

If you are knowledgeable about any fact, resource or experience related to this topic - please add your views.

About Us Advertise Contact Us Testimonials
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2023 CiteHRŽ

All Material Copyright And Trademarks Posted Held By Respective Owners.
Panel Selection For Threads Are Automated - Members Notified Via CiteMailer Server