I resigned from a government job of state West Bengal in Indi due to some personal reason . But resignation was not accepted instantly and it was accepted after 6 months of submitting resignation letter after burning much wood and straws . Now after 3 years I have got another State government job of West Bengal and the employer is asking for original resignation acceptance letter, but problem is the original letter has been damaged very much and it is not in condition of reading so the employer has refused to take it and then I offer him a photocopy of the letter but this time also he refuse to take it and tell me to bring a newly issued resignation acceptance letter from previous office But the previous officer is telling I will not issue any resignation acceptance letter as a great loss was caused due to your sudden resignation. Now , what should I do ???
From India, Kolkata
Labour Law & Hr Consultant
Doctor Siva Global Hr

Use factoHR and automate your HR processes

Mobile-first hire to retire HR and Payroll software that automates all HR operations and works as a catalysts for your organisational growth.


Dear Colleague,

Normally all companies whether private or public sector insist on formal relieving order or letter for the simple reason that you are relieved after adhering to their process and there is no adverse career history as far as the past company is concerned. More over this is an indicator that you handed over changes / company assets properly and then you came out in full and final satisfaction of the previous employer. This is no doubt an important document.

Under the very special circumstances you mentioned, One possibility ( which few companies accept) which you need to explore is in lieu of giving an Affidavit legally drafted and prepared stating all facts singed by a Notary Public which can be submitted to the prospective employer.

Advocates know and they will draft in detail and also mention that in your future job if any But it is subject to acceptance by the next public sector and will work only if their internal rules are allowing it. But you can try this in the special circumstances mentioned by you after discussion with the HR of the proposed company. This may or may not work out but one possibility

Best of Luck, God Bless,
Doctor Siva Global HR
Tamil Nadu

From India, Chennai

Since your previous job was under the State Government of West Bengal, you can file a petition under the Right to Information Act,2005 to furnish the details of your tenure along with a copy of the resignation acceptance letter and submit the same with the affidavit suggested by Dr. Sivakumar.
From India, Salem

Besides the verbal request you should make an written application in name of the officer for issue of a duplicate certificate.

As suggested you can opt the option of RTI or move an order by the court to issue or get certified copy of mutilated document from the court by an affidavit. The reply of the officer has got no base and can not deny.

From India, Mumbai

If you are knowledgeable about any fact, resource or experience related to this topic - please add your views.

About Us Advertise Contact Us Testimonials
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2022 CiteHRŽ

All Material Copyright And Trademarks Posted Held By Respective Owners.
Panel Selection For Threads Are Automated - Members Notified Via CiteMailer Server