No Tags Found!

Daleshwar Ram
Can anyone suggest the procedure for declaring surplus manpower in a department and how to retrench them based on surplus.
From India, Ludhiana
Babu Alexander

Your query is devoid of information. Manpower mentioned is workmen, staff, or executive? If the surplus manpower is from one department, how the same was declared and is it based on what study? The same may be required for clarity and consistency, and to reduce potential litigation
What happened to other department (s) and for other department similar study has been made or not?
Think of the possibility of job rotation / re-deployment, in other department, where less man power is declared / could be accommodated, or to branches sister units, of the same management, without any loss in service continuity and wages / pay.
Retrenchment shall be the final option. It should be based on the overall strength of the organization, and shall be on the basis of ‘Last come and First to go’ principle to be adopted. You may refer to Chapter V-A and V-B of the Industrial Disputes Act.

From India, Madras
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.