KK!HRThe queries are answered below at seriatim:
1. The EDLI is a part of the PF package and the coverage is automatic with the PF membership. The coverage is not dependent on the length of service of the employee, it is a life insurance, contributed entirely by the employer and is redeemable in the event of death of the employee while in service.
2. The nominee is eligible to get the EDLI sum assured, the maximum assurance benefit under the ‘Employees’ Deposit Linked Insurance’ (EDLI) scheme is increased to Rs 7 lakhs since 28 April 2021 from earlier limit of Rs 6 lakh. The pension is payable under the EPS
3) In EDLI no pension is payable, in EPS the employee or nominee cannot withdraw 100% of pension amount. Pension will be a regular monthly payment.
4) No pension is payable under the ESI Scheme. It is permanent disability benefit or dependent benefit and is entirely separate from the pension under the EPF Scheme//EPS.
5) ESI & EPF Schemes are totally different in scope and application, the eligibility in one doesn't create any effect on the applicability of the other. They are not mutually exclusive.
From India, Mumbai