No Tags Found!

er-dharmesh-saxena
I am Dharmesh. Previously I am working with XXX insurance. I resigned on 12.08.2020 mentioning that my last working day was 22.08.2020 and also I am ready to pay the notice period amount as per policy as I have to join some other organization on 24.08.2020. I also give handover to the authorized persons on 22.08.2020 and joined another company as per the joining date on the basis of resignation acceptance. Now on 30.10.2020 i received my relieving letter mentioning that my last working day was 09.10.2020. Due to which my employment in the current organization will be treated as dual employment. Kindly suggest what to do.
From India, Bhopal
umakanthan53

When the poster was authorised to hand over charges to another person and permitted to get relieved on 22-08-2020, his services with the establishment ceased on the same day itself; perhaps his salary for the month of August,2020 would have been paid up to and inclusive of 22-08-2020 only. Therefore, the previous establishment cannot mention the actual date of relief as 09-10-2020. Better let the poster ask them to issue a revised relieving order with the actual date of relief.
From India, Salem
shanth24x7

One of the possibilities is the company has wantedly done this as the organizations have the 2 month notice or 3 month notice period policy.
The concern is if the company hasn't paid you any money till 09.10.2020 or say till 8.10.2020, then they cannot put that date as your last day rather they would only consider that date as last date till where they have paid you the salary. Also, have they deducted PF. If they have deducted PF then your current company cannot deduct at the same time..
You have 2 options.
Speak to your first company, understand the process if they have done it by mistake or as per payroll record. If they have paid you the salary till the date you specified, then ask them for the option of taking back that salary amount and give the relieving date as per your specification. If they are not ready to do that...(If you didnt expect this salary and if it was credited, you should have informed them that you already resigned on 22 August)
Ask your current company to revoke your offer letter and roll out another offer letter from 10.10.2020. You should be able to discuss with your current HR or current finance team as to the salary paid during this period can be convertible to any other means.

From United States, Ashburn
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.