Hello Everyone, I want a declaration from employee for not submitting relieving letter of his last organization. If any one have particular format for it please suggest , it’s urgent
From India, Indore
Dear Khushi,

You wanted to take a declaration from the newly joined employee on his past employment. He is required to give a declaration because he is unable to provide the relieving letter.

However, the question that arises is why is he unable to provide the relieving letter? If not relieving letter, then have you done the reference check with his past company? Was he terminated because of misconduct? Will it be appropriate to just believe in the declaration given by the employee?

Nothing wrong with obtaining a declaration from the employee as such. However, it is a last resort. It should be invoked provided the past company of the employee remains unresponsive to your reference check queries.

I am cautioning you because I have seen 1-2 cases wherein the HR professionals believed in the declaration by the employee, but later, it emerged that the employee was involved in the fraudulent activity. Hence the caution.


Dinesh Divekar

From India, Bangalore

If you are knowledgeable about any fact, resource or experience related to this topic - please add your views using the reply box below. For articles and copyrighted material please only cite the original source link. Each contribution will make this page a resource useful for everyone.

Please Login To Add Reply →

About Us Advertise Contact Us Testimonials
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2021 CiteHRô

All Material Copyright And Trademarks Posted Held By Respective Owners.
Panel Selection For Threads Are Automated - Members Notified Via CiteMailer Server