Dear All,
Is it possible to give the F&F amount to the daughter (minor in age) of a deceased employee where the daughter was from his 1st wife, who is no more alive and recently he got married again.
Also, he has not provided any nomination related to his daughter and only details of his 2nd wife are available to us.
Who is the rightful person to receive the F&F amount and what can be done incase if the F&F amount is to be given to his daughter.??

From India, Pune

If the second marriage took place legally with Marriage got registered then the nominee to provide proper legal heir certificate. As per the information provided by you, it seems first wife's daughter and second wife are nominees.
However please insist for Legal Heir certificate. Also upon second Marriage have you collected revised nomination from the deceased employee?.
I would suggest to be patient and wait for the proper documents before you release the dues.

From India, Madras

There was no details provided by the deceased employee related to his previous marriage. Details of Later marriage is provided by him.
From India, Pune
Nagarkar Vinayak L

Dear Colleague,
In the absence of any nomination/will or succession certificate establishing heirship of the claimants , it will be risky to pay dues to either the daughter from the first wife or to second wife.
You may pay dues to the legal heir only after receiving documentary proof from the competent authority.
Vinayak Nagarkar
HR and Employee Relations Consultant

From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.