Hi Folks, As per above subject, is license applicable towards Shops & Establishment act for godowns running across India. Please share your view on this.
From India, Mumbai
The Shops and Commercial Establishments Act is a state Act and as such separate Acts are available for each state in India. Therefore, you have to take registration for each warehouse separately under the respective State Act.
From India, Kannur
Hi Madhu, Would you please guide me whether S&E act is applicable for godawn and registration to be obtained for below states. 1) Maharashtra 2) UP 3) Andhra Pradesh
From India, Mumbai
In all these states Shops Acts are available and registration can be obtained under the Acts
From India, Kannur
Godowns are also covered under Punjab Shops & Commercial Establishments Act, 1958 as applicable to the state of Haryana, Punjab & UT Chandigarh. R N KHOLA
From India, Delhi
Thanks Madhu / Mr. R N Khola, Now another query on this. For Maharasthra- Is it Godawn vendor has also apply trade license along with S&E license.
From India, Mumbai
Any person doing a business or running a venture should obtain trade licence from the local administration along with the relevant registration under the Shops ....Act/ Factories Act/Plantations Labour Act or Mines act, as the case may. The purpose of the former is taking permission to do a business and the latter is to ensure serve conditions of persons employed. Hence the person who is running the warehousing operations should obtain trade licence without fail.
From India, Kannur
Dear All, Under Maharashtra Shops and Estb Act either new or old obtaining of Trade License is not mandatory. Regards,
From India, Andheri
Obtaining Trade licence is not a matter under any Shops and Commercial Establishments Act but it is a subject of local administration,ie, Corporation, Municipalities and Gram Panchayats and I don't know if any state in India has permitted any business to run without a trade licence!!!
From India, Kannur
Hi Madhu,
In this case could you please highlight the section / clause under which bare act we have to refer for applying trade license in the state of Maharashtra.
I would be glad if you could through some light on this.

From India, Mumbai

If you are knowledgeable about any fact, resource or experience related to this topic - please add your views using the reply box below. For articles and copyrighted material please only cite the original source link. Each contribution will make this page a resource useful for everyone.

Please Login To Add Reply

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2021 CiteHR.Comô

All Material Copyright And Trademarks Posted Held By Respective Owners.
Panel Selection For Threads Are Automated - Members Notified Via CiteMailer Server