Rahul Chhabra
Hr Professional
Compliance Manager
+1 Other

Cite.Co is a repository of information and resources created by industry seniors and experts sharing their real world insights. Join Network
My previous employer showed gratuity in my CTC and they deducted the same on a monthly basis for approximately 4 years. Can I claim my gratuity as part of my CTC? Request to help me out on this.
From India, Bengaluru
Even though Gratuity is shown to be a part of CTC, you can not claim it till you complete 5 years of continuous service in the organization.
From India, Delhi
One needs to understand that the word CTC is a cosmetic figure to show the company in a better position towards the employees than they actually are. It is basically Cost to the Company which should in no way be treated as same as Gross Salary of the employee. Only when they show under the term Gross Salary of the employee you can take the fight to the employer's court else NO.
As far as the Payment of Gratuity Act, 1972 is concerned it is quite clear that one has to complete full 5 years to stake a claim for Gratuity, as rightly pointed out.
Thanks and Regards

From India, Hyderabad
OK but if Company deducted amount as "Gratuity" from Gross Salary then?
From India, Ahmadabad
Cost to company (CTC) is a term for the total salary package of an employee. It indicates the total amount of expenses an employer (organization) spends on an employee during one year. It is calculated by adding salary to the cost of all additional benefits an employee receives during the service period. So understood Salary is a part of CTC additional benefits will be the investment from employer Gratuity is contributed by Employer either through insurance policy or create gratuity fund but employee can only claim it after completion of 5 yrs of service not on 1-2-3-4 years.
thanks & regards

From India, Ghaziabad
By virtue of CTC norm one can not get the amount back, if one is leaving the before the eligibility period. Those can only get the amount back,who had made the contribution from the salary on account of gratuity.

From India, Mumbai
This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2020 Cite.Co™