Thread Started by #satish-mundhe

In the year 2014 i was working with an Indian IT company as sales executive, where i signed a employment bond for 1.5 years against which company took a blank cheque. After 6 months only due to some family issue I left the company by just sending an email to HR. Since i broke the bond company deposited my blank cheque with the amount of 2.4 lakhs and due to account closed, the cheque got bounced hence lawyer started sending me demand notice for which i gave no response, then company filed section 138 cheque bounce case against me.
I lost the case in district court and judge said that i did not submitted email copy to court hence i am convicted and have to pay 3.5 lakhs defaulted then 6 months jail. now i have applied in session court and matter is under session court.
Due to poor knowledge and poor lawyer i lost the case but now i want to know possible ways to finish this case.
4th December 2018 From India, Mumbai
If the bond is reasonable and not one-sided it will be held valid. As it is a contract between two consenting adults there is nothing wrong unless you prove it otherwise. Moreover your first step was wrong and there seems to be very little you can do unless you bring in something which was missed by the trial court. You cannot bring in new point at this stage since it is more of an appeal than the trial itself. You try to ask for leniency and try to get the amount reduced or better still you may settle it out of court with its knowledge and see that your career is not jeopardized at this stage.
There is no point in confronting especially when the odds are stacked against you. Be practical and let it go for the sake of your career and mental peace.
Thanks and Regards
4th December 2018 From India, Hyderabad
The case against you, it appears, is not for jumping the employment bond but it is for the bounced cheque, as per provisions of the Negotiable Instruments Act 1881. The very fact that the cheque has bounced is sufficient for holding you guilty in this matter as you did not care to reply to the notices and build up a case. It appears to be too late now to redeem the situation. You may better approach the employer and try for a settlement rather than prolonging the legal battle and adding to your interest burden.
9th December 2018 From India, Mumbai
its a case of cheque bounce, you should have cancelled the cheque the day you left the company, now here is what you can do.

1- Get a good lawyer
2- Appeal to court for the leniency
3- try to find out email which was sent to HR for resign
4- try for out of court settlement
5- Also try to claim that you did not buy any service or product from the company they were using cheque illegally(i dont know if you claimed already or not)
11th December 2018 From India, Delhi

Simple ways.

Inform the court straight away that the cheque was yours and submitted for official records.

They misused it, and you did not owe them any money.

Also inform the court that the amount and other details are not filled by you.

Inform precisely (voice &tone should be obedient) that you worked for the company and got salaries.

You can also defend as a common man with common belief you are afraid to make such crimes and never did anything and for sure will not do in the future also.

You should be confident that the broken bond will get you no legal issues.
11th December 2018 From India, Chennai
Reply (Add What You Know) Start New Discussion

Cite.Co - is a repository of information and resources for business and professional growth. Register Here
Prime Sponsor: TALENTEDGE - Certification Courses from top institutes like IIM / XLRI direct to device (online digital learning)

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2017 Cite.Co™