Please advice I have one employee who is mostly involve out side employees union activity and now ,he has applied his name in local Municipal election for wrad member title purpose along with job. Please advice – employee can fill application of nomination for ward member title purpose in Municipal election along with private job.
While the post of MLA/MP carries salary and hence is a full time employment, the municipal councillor or panchayat member is treated as part time activity and such members are not given salary. Many PSUs allow its employees to be municipal councillor or panchayat member.
Dear KK ji,
But it is against as per below mentioned points of certified standing order :
A workman/employee shall not undertake any assignment, employment or business outside his employment without the Hotel’s specific approval in writing.
1) It is a condition precedent to employment that an employee shall not engage in any business.
2) Engaging directly or indirectly in other employment, trade, business, calling, profession, consultancy or commercial activity for profit or otherwise while in the employment of or on the rolls of the establishment without the previous written permission of the Management.
Engaging in political activities or standing for election for local bodies does not render the employee of having committed misconduct of engaging in trade or business, calling, profession etc. Unless there is a specific rule which prohibits political activity of any sort (like in Government), the quoted rule cannot be cited in this situation.
Add Reply Start A New Discussion

Cite.Co - is a repository of information created by your industry peers and experienced seniors. Register Here and help by adding your inputs to this topic/query page.
Prime Sponsor: TALENTEDGE - Certification Courses for career growth from top institutes like IIM / XLRI direct to device (online digital learning)

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2019 Cite.Co™