Kritarth Consulting
Spl Educators Posh Programs; Hr & Ir
Insolvency N Gst Professional
+1 Other

Cite.Co is a repository of information and resources created by industry seniors and experts sharing their real world insights. Join Network
What should an HR do when a staff has proposed to his many female colleagues ? Additionally, he has shared his personal family problems to each of them in expectation of the sympathy and had send continuous messages to few of them in the level of irritation. Should this lead to direct termination? We need to keep in note that there is a risk that the staff might harm the female staff, if we let him know about the complaints.
Any useful suggestions is appreciated. Thank you in advance.

From Nepal, Kathmandu
Please follow the Service Rules/Employment-related Rules and the Employment-related Laws to deal with the reported Incidents and accordingly Initiate Disciplinary Action. Any Act Unworthy of Employment constitutes an Act of Misconduct at Workplace hence proceed as per the Rules applicable to your Organization.
You may refer to the International Convention on Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination and the One relating to universal Human Rights.
Such situations/occurrences be dealt with as stated above.
Kritarth Team,

From India, Delhi
Dear Friend,
Have you received any written complaint or verbal? Always insist for written complaint from the complainant and take the SMS sent by the person as proof against his misconduct. On basis of complaint you call the person to explain in writing why management would not take discipliniary action for his alleged misconduct towards female collegues.

From India, Mumbai
1 Have you got any single written complaint by female or even male staff about such incident/s ? if yes you can
a. Without showing complaint letter to that male staff you can have verbal discussion with him and just give him idea that you are aware of his such behaviour.
b. Counselling : Give him clarity that if any female employee make complaint in to Police Station against him this will ruin his status in society and family life so better to stop immediately.
c. Even after above if the things will not get improved, follow the Standing Orders Act and other relevant statute.
But suggest to make it sure that no Female staff and there family will get in danger by company's any act or decision.
Regards,Prashant Deshpande

From India, Pune
Conduct of this employee needs to viewed very seriously.
Call the employee formally to office and counsel him in writing.
However if any complaint is already received,then action as per company rules needs to be intiated
But if complaint in nature of sexual harassment is made by any lady employee, then action under POSH will be needed.

From India, Pune
The initiator of this thread is from Kathmandu, Nepal. Essential if it has happened there, then the service rules or labor laws prevailing in Nepal would apply in this case. If so, please see this case from this perspective also.
Jacob Pratap

From India, Chandigarh
Dear colleague,
Well this act is serious behavioral issue particularly when it relates to female employees.
But to check this , you call the individual and let him know that such complaints are received against him and he should mend his ways. Let him know that he is under scanner and if he does not refrain from this, serious action will be taken.
Watch his behaviour for some time and then take suitable action as per law/service rules in Nepal.
Vinayak Nagarkar
HR- Consultant.

From India, Mumbai
Hello dear
I would be curious to know if Nepal Service Rules or Laws are applicable in India so that any action on them in India is valid.
Please do not forget to read the applicability of any Act/Rules made by the Government of any country - be it India, Nepal or any other country. Please read Section/Rule 1 which is the "Short title, extent and commencement" of any Act/Rule.
Jacob Pratap

From India, Chandigarh
Thank you everyone for your kind suggestion. It really helped me to take the decision regarding the concerned matter.
From Nepal, Kathmandu
This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2020 Cite.Co™