I need clarity on few points related to hiring of trainees from Cite HR.
We are manufacturing industry and going to hire BE - Trainees and ITI Trainees. These students would be kept on training for one year as Engineer Trainee and Trainee in Mechanical.
I have few queries (considering laws/legal obligations associated with them):
1. Is there any legal obligation associated with the terminology as employer?
2. Is it compulsory to take them on payroll during training period of 1 year or they may be kept simply as trainee without adding to payroll?
3. There compensation should be as per minimum scale of that grade of regular employee or they may be on little bit less pay?
4. rules on deduction/contribution towards PF/ESI of trainees?
5. Please share the notification if available regarding the stipend act eligibility. 4th May 2018 From India